+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship Question

DesireeD

Jul 8, 2016
Hi there, new member to the forum.

I recently applied for inland spousal sponsorship and have a few questions.

I am a bit worried about the application acceptance/notification of acceptance.

I sent it to the correct address for an application without a signature needed (and the parcel was marked as so - no signature required), however it was accepted and signed for by someone at the destination.

Also, I have not received an email or letter saying that they have received my application, however I am not sure how long that usually takes.

Thanks a lot

CanadianAlien

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016/AOR 2 29-06-2016
What date did you apply? you just say recently.

DesireeD

Jul 8, 2016
My application was signed for via Canada post (even though no signature was needed) by someone named R Mahmod on 6/27/2016.

bex0987

Star Member
Jul 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
April 10, 2017 Request for Further Info
AOR Received.
23-07-2016
Med's Request
Approved
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
Not required.
DesireeD said:
Hi there, new member to the forum.

I recently applied for inland spousal sponsorship and have a few questions.

I am a bit worried about the application acceptance/notification of acceptance.

I sent it to the correct address for an application without a signature needed (and the parcel was marked as so - no signature required), however it was accepted and signed for by someone at the destination.

Also, I have not received an email or letter saying that they have received my application, however I am not sure how long that usually takes.

Thanks a lot

Hi Desiree D

I also sent my application by courier on June 29, 2016 it was received the same day by someone name Shannon. Myself and my sponsor have yet to receive anything from CIC officially to say that they have received the application. Hopefully they will send something out to both of us soon. It seems as though other applicants that have sent in their applications within the last few months have been receiving an acknowledgement within a two to four weeks.

Good luck with you application!

Jaype

May 31, 2015
If it's anything like my experience it took around three months before I heard anything regarding my application (mine was in the Mississauga SCLP branch). You don't get notified on receipt - only when it actually gets to someone's desk and they start working on it.

I hear that it has gotten quicker since I applied - so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a month or possibly a little longer.

Don't know if that's of help, but be patient and you should hear something, they will certainly let you know if anything is missing or if further information is required. My application had to go back and forth a few times before everything was perfect unfortunately. This resulted in months of waiting on each update. Lesson learned - make sure you're certain everything is good before you send it.

DesireeD

Jul 8, 2016
bex0987 said:
Hi Desiree D

I also sent my application by courier on June 29, 2016 it was received the same day by someone name Shannon. Myself and my sponsor have yet to receive anything from CIC officially to say that they have received the application. Hopefully they will send something out to both of us soon. It seems as though other applicants that have sent in their applications within the last few months have been receiving an acknowledgement within a two to four weeks.

Good luck with you application!
Thanks for the information. I hope I hear something back soon, but I understand it can take awhile. The only thing worrying me is that I did not send via courier nor did I send to the courier specific address, yet someone signed for it.

I am most likely being paranoid, but I know even little things can set back applications a long time so I was trying to figure out when I should be expecting information from the CIC.

lauralee15

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Missassauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
29-4-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
LANDED..........
6-7-2016
DesireeD said:
My application was signed for via Canada post (even though no signature was needed) by someone named R Mahmod on 6/27/2016.
Our inland application was also signed by someone named R. Mahmood back in November - so same person and it is in the right spot! It took us several months to hear back with AOR, we actually received OWP first. For us we checked the Inland spreadsheet on this forum fairly regularly just to get a sense of what applications CIC are working on, as well to see where in the process people are that had similar timelines to our own. Like you, I was very worried throughout the process... true test of patience skills! Good luck - looks like people are getting AOR much much sooner!