+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inland spousal sponsorship application got transferred to Etobicoke office then SA shortly after

vietlish8

Jul 23, 2024
Hello all,

My husband (from Vietnam) received an email saying his application has been sent to the IRCC Etobicoke office for further assessment on June 4, 2024. Shortly after (June 14, 2024), I received an email saying I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. APR for my relative will be processed separately and he will be contacted shortly.

I haven't heard back since that email for sponsor eligibility.

Application was submitted on Jan 30, 2024.
Also two of his children from an ex wife are also added onto his application.

Does anyone know the time length (if it's a long wait) or the process after these two updates?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

My husband (from Vietnam) received an email saying his application has been sent to the IRCC Etobicoke office for further assessment on June 4, 2024. Shortly after (June 14, 2024), I received an email saying I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. APR for my relative will be processed separately and he will be contacted shortly.

Does anyone know the time length (if it's a long wait) or the process after these two updates?
Impossible to say. Will depend on numerous factors like medicals, whether they want to do an interview, etc.

Reactions: vietlish8

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
I am in same position, my file was transferred to Etobicoke in November 2023, one month after the transfer I received a PFL from Etobicoke asking for additional documents etc… after we submitted them we received an email of acknowledgement stating they’ve received our response and will get back to us when an officer reviews our case. That was December 2023 so far we haven’t had anymore updates, I’ve heard the wait can be up to year or more once you get your file sent theirs so we’re just keeping our fingers crossed.

Hopefully this helps and puts some perspective into what you are dealing with.

Victor olu

Jul 19, 2024
Hello all,