+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP 2016-HELP PLS!!

mactony23

Jan 28, 2016
HI
I am about to apply for an inland sponsorship for my wife. my wife and I got married Dec 12 2015 small civil wedding no reception or family - just our witnesses since both our families are in Kenya but have pics of the wedding. However we were common law since Feb 2015 2015 and have pics of us and documentation proving our common law status and our relationship is genuine.

Additionally,my wife came to Canada and applied for refugee status in 2012. we met in 2013 and we moved in together in feb 2015 as common law and got married in dec 2015. my concerns are

1. since she applied for refugee status would that be an issue although she has no answer yet?
2. Should we proceed with the application as common law or marriage even though we are married since we don't have tons of pics of people in the wedding or reception ? would they find out?
3. What else to do to avoid complications?

kind regards

Mac

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mactony23 said:
HI
I am about to apply for an inland sponsorship for my wife. my wife and I got married Dec 12 2015 small civil wedding no reception or family - just our witnesses since both our families are in Kenya but have pics of the wedding. However we were common law since Feb 2015 2015 and have pics of us and documentation proving our common law status and our relationship is genuine.

Additionally,my wife came to Canada and applied for refugee status in 2012. we met in 2013 and we moved in together in feb 2015 as common law and got married in dec 2015. my concerns are

1. since she applied for refugee status would that be an issue although she has no answer yet?
2. Should we proceed with the application as common law or marriage even though we are married since we don't have tons of pics of people in the wedding or reception ? would they find out?
3. What else to do to avoid complications?

kind regards

Mac
Congratulations!

1. Possibly, but without knowing the details/status of her claim, it's impossible to say.

2. You must apply as a married couple. Include whatever proof you have. It doesn't sound like you would have even qualified as Common-Law, if you moved in together in February 2015. Common-Law begins one year after the day that you began living together.

3. Read through the relevant threads/posts in this forum and ask questions if you need help. ;)

Good luck.