+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND SPONSORSHIP

cookiebiskit

Oct 9, 2015
Hello everyone. I'm new here.

I'm in need of some help. Hope anyone can answer my query.

My husband is a PR. Both of us are Filipinos by birth. We're married last year. And we've been together since 2006. We'd like to apply for INLAND SPONSORSHIP but we don't know the process. Do I need to get a tourist first and If I were able to grant the tourist visa that's the time we could apply for Inland sponsorship?

PLEASE HELP!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - you would need to obtain an visitor visa first and come to Canada. Once you and your husband are both in Canada, you'll be able to apply for PR using the inland process.

Note that it can be quite difficult to obtain a visitor visa when your spouse is Canadian. It's possible you may be refused and have to apply outland.

cookiebiskit

Oct 9, 2015
hi scylla!
Thanks for the reply.

I've asked one of the Canadian Immigration Consultancy here in the Philippines and they said INVITATION LETTER from the spouse is the main requirement for Tourist Visa.

She's not just going to visit Canada but we're going to apply for Inland Sponsorship. (content of the invitation letter). Will this work?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you mention in the invitation letter that your reason for coming as a visitor to Canada is to apply for PR inland, then you can expect the TRV to be refused.

cookiebiskit

Oct 9, 2015
So you don't mention anything with regards to the Inland Sponsorship?

Why do they let the applicant and the spouse choose between Inland and Outland if they're going to refuse TRV for couples who'd like to apply for Inland?

I don't know what to do anymore. (sniff.sniff) :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
cookiebiskit said:
I don't know what to do anymore. (sniff.sniff) :(
It's very straight-forward. Apply for the TRV (without mentioning the intention to apply inland). If the TRV is approved, your spouse can come here with you and you can submit an inland application. If the TRV is refused, you will have to come to Canada alone and sponsor your spouse using the outland process.

I5y2017

Jun 19, 2024
Hello Everyone,

Here just want to discuss about my situation . My status in Canada is Refugee I was married with my wife in June 2023 and she is Canadian national .
1) In 20 September 2023 we applied for inland sponsorship application .
2) In Oct 2023 IRCC send the request to my wife for CSQ .
3) In Nov 2023 IRCC they send me request for Biometrics and it was done after one week .
4) In Feb 2024 we received the CSQ from Quebec Government and same time we send CSQ to IRCC as per they requested .

Just worrying till now I don’t receive AOR for my application and don’t hear anything about my application if anybody knows please advise me what should I do .

Regards

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Here just want to discuss about my situation . My status in Canada is Refugee I was married with my wife in June 2023 and she is Canadian national .
1) In 20 September 2023 we applied for inland sponsorship application .
2) In Oct 2023 IRCC send the request to my wife for CSQ .
3) In Nov 2023 IRCC they send me request for Biometrics and it was done after one week .
4) In Feb 2024 we received the CSQ from Quebec Government and same time we send CSQ to IRCC as per they requested .

Just worrying till now I don’t receive AOR for my application and don’t hear anything about my application if anybody knows please advise me what should I do .

Regards
-Apply for your gcms notes.

You probably did receive AOR and didn't realize that was it - but at any rate, biometric request can be considered AOR for all intents and purposes - and I believe the CSQ request, too.

If you wish to check specifically about AOR (eg if you require it for some reason), call IRCC.

I5y2017

Jun 19, 2024
-Apply for your gcms notes.

You probably did receive AOR and didn't realize that was it - but at any rate, biometric request can be considered AOR for all intents and purposes - and I believe the CSQ request, too.

If you wish to check specifically about AOR (eg if you require it for some reason), call IRCC.
Really Appreciate you for your advice . You have any Idea inland sponsorship takes how long for Quebec residents ?
Thank you

I5y2017

Jun 19, 2024
Hello,
Here is update on my file . Yesterday I received email from IRCC Missicagua . And they stated that
“”
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Etobicoke for further assessment. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office meson on yur A Rand communica, see you i decision, mation or clarification. That office will make a final”””

Any one having idea about this why they transfer my file and and what will I expecting from them . Please down advice me .
Regards