+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship -msp application

Marialaval

Feb 3, 2014
I am doing inland application.and wanting to apply for msp in bc .they said they cannot approve me until stays shows "in process".is in process different from AOR?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marialaval said:
I am doing inland application.and wanting to apply for msp in bc .they said they cannot approve me until stays shows "in process".is in process different from AOR?
This has been discussed in a few other threads here. All I can say, with absolute certainty, is that BC MSP gives conflicting information, just as CIC does (on occasion).

You, as a PR Common-Law partner or spouse, of a sponsor in BC, ARE eligible from the date that CIC ACCEPTS for processing (not starts processing) your application, which is in fact your AOR date. I personally spoke with someone at BC MSP ( actually two individuals on two separate days) that each confirmed this and thus, I have submitted my application!

My advice is to keep calling until you reach someone that knows and understands their own policy...which might take you some time, but...keep trying.

How can they argue with what is posted on their own website, regarding us Inland applicants?!?!

Good luck!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marialaval said:
Thanx !whats your status though?is visitor ok to apply
Visitor's cannot apply, but the only options to select on the application form are: Citizen, PR, or `other', which says Work or Study Permit, etc.. Since we are applying based on our PR application, the `other' would have to include those with visitor status, or even out of status, so long as they have a PR application that has been accepted by CIC.

maica1x

Jan 9, 2014
Hi, waiting to do my msp as well. When do I know immigration have accepted the application? Is this by letter or email? I've sent mine in 2 weeks ago and worried emails end up in junk mail, although I try to check properly. Thanks

ashleycass30

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
hi Marianaval...

AOR means is an Acknowledgement of Receipt u will receive from CIC.It means they receive your apllication and the letter includes the UCI and Application # that you are going to use to check your application status online...using your UCI online, you will see the "in Process" under sponsorship application...