+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland sponsorship - interview

petrikbb

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
Hello everyone

I have a question with regards to my common-law partner's sponsorship. I am a PR, landed in Canada a month ago (August) but had to leave after two weeks to go back to Scotland. Now, I want to take my common-law partner with me the next time around to Canada and apply inland under Spouse/common-law in Canada class.
She was the non-accompanying family member on my EE application.

I am a little concerned about the interview at the Canadian border after we land together in November. We will not be hiring a law firm to draft us a contract as a proof of my intention to apply for sponsorship. We would rather apply ourselves once we are in Canada. These are the questions on my mind at the moment:

1. Are we going to be interviewed together at the airport once we land in Canada? (I am a PR, she would be a visitor from a non-visa requiring country)
2. Would it help if I pay the initial fee for her sponsorship before she arrives to Canada with me as a proof of my and her intentions to apply? Or is it advisable to pay only after the inland application has been submitted?
3. What is the most convincing evidence to prove that we really want to apply INLAND (PR and OWP) and to secure at least 6 months worth of visitor visa and not to be turned away at the border?

Thanks