+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland or outland sponsorship?

Shiv_CR7

Mar 3, 2019
My spouse is currently with me in Canada on TRV. I was planning to apply for her inland sponsorship soon but due to a family emergency she has to travel to India for a couple of months in 2 weeks time. I am debating on whether to apply for inland or outland sponsorship:

1) Can I apply for inland sponsorship now and if my spouse travels to India for a couple of months and returns to Canada, will that be an issue? and this travel needs to be informed to IRCC?
2) I believe I can apply outland sponsorship when my spouse is still in Canada. Is this okay or leads to complications?. Do I need to update IRCC every time when she exits and enters Canada?
3) Is it better for her to travel to India and then apply for outland sponsorship and then after a couple of months, she can visit Canada on her TRV? Is this allowed and needs to be updated to IRCC when she travels to Canada
4) Her PCC was completed last week from BLS. In case I apply for outland sponsorship, will she need to take a PCC from India again? And will she also need a PCC for her time spent in Canada on TRV (she's been here in Canada from last 2 months)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My spouse is currently with me in Canada on TRV. I was planning to apply for her inland sponsorship soon but due to a family emergency she has to travel to India for a couple of months in 2 weeks time. I am debating on whether to apply for inland or outland sponsorship:

1) Can I apply for inland sponsorship now and if my spouse travels to India for a couple of months and returns to Canada, will that be an issue? and this travel needs to be informed to IRCC?
2) I believe I can apply outland sponsorship when my spouse is still in Canada. Is this okay or leads to complications?. Do I need to update IRCC every time when she exits and enters Canada?
3) Is it better for her to travel to India and then apply for outland sponsorship and then after a couple of months, she can visit Canada on her TRV? Is this allowed and needs to be updated to IRCC when she travels to Canada
4) Her PCC was completed last week from BLS. In case I apply for outland sponsorship, will she need to take a PCC from India again? And will she also need a PCC for her time spent in Canada on TRV (she's been here in Canada from last 2 months)
Apply outland if she wants to be able to leave for 2 months. You can apply outland while she is in Canada. No issues. She does not need to inform IRCC when she travels.

Shiv_CR7

Mar 3, 2019
Apply outland if she wants to be able to leave for 2 months. You can apply outland while she is in Canada. No issues. She does not need to inform IRCC when she travels.
Thanks. And for medicals, can we do it prior to submitting the application or its only after submitting it and then IRCC asks for it?
In case if I apply outland and my spouse travels back to Canada after her India visit and we get a medical request, is it okay to get it done here in Canada or its mandatory to get it done in India as its outland application?
We have a PCC done last week. Do we need any other additional PCC incase I apply for outland after she travels to India

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks. And for medicals, can we do it prior to submitting the application or its only after submitting it and then IRCC asks for it?
In case if I apply outland and my spouse travels back to Canada after her India visit and we get a medical request, is it okay to get it done here in Canada or its mandatory to get it done in India as its outland application?
We have a PCC done last week. Do we need any other additional PCC incase I apply for outland after she travels to India
Don't do the medical in advance. It can be done anywhere in the world.

Don't know about the PCC.

Shiv_CR7

Mar 3, 2019
I plan to submit the outland application in the next 2-3 days and my spouse may travel to India after 2 months. In this case, what should be the mailing and residential address that I should mention in the application?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I plan to submit the outland application in the next 2-3 days and my spouse may travel to India after 2 months. In this case, what should be the mailing and residential address that I should mention in the application?
Mailing: whatever her mailing address is.
Residential: where she is residing (now).