+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND FSW .... CONNECT HERE

chillito

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
non necessarily. it seems to me that eligibility and admissibility are assessed simultaneously. from my GCMS notes i could see that most of the activities are initiated during the first month. but then eligibility goes through several stages starting with eligibility to participate in the EE program to verification of educational credentials, age, funds, work experience etc., recalculation of your points, then i think they make a final decision on eligibility. by this time your criminality could be already passed and BG check be back to not needed.
besides from reading this forum i would assume that status updates in your profile do not always indicate what really is going on behind the scenes.

navi89

Dec 28, 2014
Re: INLAND FSW .... CONNECT HERE

Hi all

Can anyone suggest on my situation

Inland FSW with Lmia

AOR - 4 march
BG check - in progress 23 aug
Document submitted- 23 aug

CIC told me my file is with New Delhi office . Already been more than 6.5 months ... don't know who to check with??

Anybody have same situation or any idea about this .... please let me know ...

eggsterminate

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: INLAND FSW .... CONNECT HERE

navi89 said:
Hi all

Can anyone suggest on my situation

Inland FSW with Lmia

AOR - 4 march
BG check - in progress 23 aug
Document submitted- 23 aug

CIC told me my file is with New Delhi office . Already been more than 6.5 months ... don't know who to check with??

Anybody have same situation or any idea about this .... please let me know ...
Since you are inland, try applying for GCMS notes to get an idea about what's happening in the back-end. This thread has all the info about applying for notes http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t366708.0.html

navi89

Dec 28, 2014
thanks for for comment but GCMS notes take one month to come and i think i should be expecting an positive answer before that , anybody having same situation....

Katik

Jun 23, 2016
Hi all,

I have a very urgent question and would be extremely grateful if someone could reply.

We applied for PR in July, our work permit and LMIA expire in a week from now. Does application for PR give us implied status? Can we stay and work in Canada legally if we applied for PR from here and are waiting for the decision?

Thank you so much for your comments in advance!

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Katik said:
Hi all,

I have a very urgent question and would be extremely grateful if someone could reply.

We applied for PR in July, our work permit and LMIA expire in a week from now. Does application for PR give us implied status? Can we stay and work in Canada legally if we applied for PR from here and are waiting for the decision?

Thank you so much for your comments in advance!
No, applying for PR does not give you implied status. However, you can apply for a bridging open work permit on the base of your PR application (assuming a positive eligibility decision has been made, which probably has been, check with CIC). This will let you continuing to work only for the current employer while the application is being processed, and after it's approved you can work everywhere. However, make sure you apply before your current work permit expires, otherwise you will be out of status and must apply for a restoration of status.

Katik

Jun 23, 2016
vsoftco said:
No, applying for PR does not give you implied status. However, you can apply for a bridging open work permit on the base of your PR application (assuming a positive eligibility decision has been made, which probably has been, check with CIC). This will let you continuing to work only for the current employer while the application is being processed, and after it's approved you can work everywhere. However, make sure you apply before your current work permit expires, otherwise you will be out of status and must apply for a restoration of status.
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. So, just to clarify: can we apply for bridging open work permit a week before our current visa expires or does it have to be no less than a month before?

And if we apply for restoration of status, we will probably have to do it from our home country and leave Canada when our current visa expires in a week?

Thank you!

vsoftco

Star Member
Aug 7, 2012
Katik said:
Thank you so much for your prompt reply. So, just to clarify: can we apply for bridging open work permit a week before our current visa expires or does it have to be no less than a month before?

And if we apply for restoration of status, we will probably have to do it from our home country and leave Canada when our current visa expires in a week?

Thank you!
They recommend to apply 1 month before (so you have enough time to prepare the application etc), however it is not mandatory. I once renewed my work permit 2 weeks before it expired with no issues whatsoever. Regarding the restoration of status, I am not sure, better don't go that route.

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
vsoftco said:
They recommend to apply 1 month before (so you have enough time to prepare the application etc), however it is not mandatory. I once renewed my work permit 2 weeks before it expired with no issues whatsoever. Regarding the restoration of status, I am not sure, better don't go that route.

Keep in my mind u can't reenter as work permit holder after getting BOWP . As u dont get bowp stamp on ur passport. Bowp is valid to live and work only.

U can reenter as PR approved applicant or as visitor if decide to go and come in while ur PR is under process or else apply for temporary resident visa

Babyboy_legolas

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Hi everyone, does anybody know anything on delays on Ottawa office.
I'm losing my mind here, I have my BCG back to know progress on Sept 7, cassually I had request the notes the day before and I received them on October 7th.

According with the notes everything is fine, and I called CIC Two weeks ago and they told me that my process is complete, even the Security check. She didn't confirm, but she slightly mentioned that my process is approved. What I don't understand is why my PPR is taking so long!!!!!!

eggsterminate

Star Member
Aug 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babyboy_legolas said:
I'm losing my mind here, I have my BCG back to know progress on Sept 7, cassually I had request the notes the day before and I received them on October 7th.

According with the notes everything is fine, and I called CIC Two weeks ago and they told me that my process is complete, even the Security check. She didn't confirm, but she slightly mentioned that my process is approved. What I don't understand is why my PPR is taking so long!!!!!!
Relax. If everything is complete, there is nothing to worry about. My application took exactly 6 months for PPR. CIC holds on to inland FSW applications for atleast 6 months even if everything is complete. Mine was finished more than a month and half before I got PPR. They have some automated PPR batch processing for applications right around the 6 month mark.

bicko

Jun 9, 2016
Guys Need help

I applied for RCMP Canadian criminal check on Nov 2nd and haven't yet received it. Does anyone know how long it generally takes to be delivered to your address here in Toronto
I called RCMP and they said they Processed my application On Nov 3.

I had previously applied for RCMP check on Oct 18th, 2016 but the mail did not get delivered to my address hence I had to redo it agai. I am liitle worried since my Work permit is expiring in 40 days

bkmtan

Jul 27, 2016
Babyboy_legolas said:

I'm in the same boat as you. Security complete, application still in progress. My aor is 7 Apr, passed 7 month mark already. When is yours?

Babyboy_legolas

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
bkmtan said:
I'm in the same boat as you. Security complete, application still in progress. My aor is 7 Apr, passed 7 month mark already. When is yours?

Mine is going to be 7 months mark on December 04. I am at 6 and a half. I called CIC on November 04, and the informed me that the expected date for the final decision moved to December 11. I have another issue now, I lost my job offer, so my conditions changed. I submitted the changes 10 days ago, and the asked me for two weeks to revised if the changes affect my elegibility or not. I wanted to rush my process because the company originally gave me a due date for 6 months and they couldn't wait more than that.

Now I'm on the new waiting...