+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Family Class- Spousal Sponsorship- PR or Permanent Residency Application- March 2023 Applications

corpIrate1

Oct 4, 2023
Here's some background:
- We applied in March 2023 online
- The portal we're using is mine (the primary applicant)
- All of the individual sections (biometrics, medical exam, background, and eligibility) have been marked as "complete"
- The overall status on the overview or dashboard still says "in progress"
- Our case, in our estimation, is not complex
- I have a COPR document number, BUT: there is no link or document available from my portal, no email, no e-COPR that I can find, and nothing has been mailed to me
- The last update was on August 28th (on the site, not by email) to say that the final section, background, was completed.

So, these are my questions:
- Is anyone else in this situation?
- How long did it take (or how long should it take) between the completion of the four sections and overall completion?
- What is the piece of communication that I should be receiving?
- What is the average time from overall completion to receiving e-COPR, COPR letter, and/or other communication?
- Where and/or how do you access your e-COPR once it becomes available?
- Does my spouse need to set up a portal as well?

bloominone

Oct 2, 2023
Here's some background:
- We applied in March 2023 online
- The portal we're using is mine (the primary applicant)
- All of the individual sections (biometrics, medical exam, background, and eligibility) have been marked as "complete"
- The overall status on the overview or dashboard still says "in progress"
- Our case, in our estimation, is not complex
- I have a COPR document number, BUT: there is no link or document available from my portal, no email, no e-COPR that I can find, and nothing has been mailed to me
- The last update was on August 28th (on the site, not by email) to say that the final section, background, was completed.

So, these are my questions:
- Is anyone else in this situation?
- How long did it take (or how long should it take) between the completion of the four sections and overall completion?
- What is the piece of communication that I should be receiving?
- What is the average time from overall completion to receiving e-COPR, COPR letter, and/or other communication?
- Where and/or how do you access your e-COPR once it becomes available?
- Does my spouse need to set up a portal as well?
It seems like I'm in the exact same situation as you. Applied March 2023 through a rep. All steps have been marked completed and a COPR number in the tracker since August 18th. Still says in progress and no emails or anything since. I have had three ghost updates, but no emails, nothing I can actually see.

I believe we should be receiving the first portal email next, asking to verify our email and address and upload a photo. I'm hoping it'll be soon as I have had a job offer for two months now :(

Reactions: corpIrate1

corpIrate1

Oct 4, 2023
It seems like I'm in the exact same situation as you. Applied March 2023 through a rep. All steps have been marked completed and a COPR number in the tracker since August 18th. Still says in progress and no emails or anything since. I have had three ghost updates, but no emails, nothing I can actually see.

I believe we should be receiving the first portal email next, asking to verify our email and address and upload a photo. I'm hoping it'll be soon as I have had a job offer for two months now :(

Wishing you the best of luck! This waiting game is not a game that I'm good at playing. Haha

teodinho

Star Member
Nov 15, 2022
What happens next is you getting an email where you'll have to reply with a bunch of details about you (height, eye color, etc). After that, you will receive another email with some login credentials to the permanent residency portal where you have to upload your photo, and enter your Canadian address.

I have noticed that if your file is transferred to the Montreal office, you're better-off taking your mind off the application (don't count days, so you don't develop high blood pressure or other health issues) because I think the officers at this location don't goto work, or just don't care. So for your sake and for the sake of other hopefuls, I pray your applications are transferred to an office where people actually work; like the Etobicoke office.

Reactions: corpIrate1

corpIrate1

Oct 4, 2023
I just received the email on November 27th. I did not respond until the next day. I'm still waiting for portal setup/ info. What about you?