+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland common law sponsor and implied status

civiclover

Apr 12, 2022
Hi, I(applicant) applied inland common law sponsor for PR Feb, 2022 by paper mail and just done with medical exam and waiting for biometric request to come in. Current visa I have is PGWP which is supposed to be expired June, 2022. OWP extension's already submitted with the PR application. Since my visa is expiring in 2 months, I started to receive some mail such as from Alberta medical health insurance saying that your coverage will be terminated unless new status document is handed in. I already read a lot of post here before posting this but still not clear about implied status. I have not received any "AOR letter" technically but have UCI and application number IRCC sent me with medical examination request and I was able to activate permanent resident application tracker with the information given. Does that mean I already have AOR?? In addition to it, if my work ask me for any document saying I am still eligible for working even after my current PWGP expires, what document I am supposed to give them to show them that I am still eligible to work?
You guys and this website has helped me tremendously and always really appreciate. Thank you.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, I(applicant) applied inland common law sponsor for PR Feb, 2022 by paper mail and just done with medical exam and waiting for biometric request to come in. Current visa I have is PGWP which is supposed to be expired June, 2022. OWP extension's already submitted with the PR application. Since my visa is expiring in 2 months, I started to receive some mail such as from Alberta medical health insurance saying that your coverage will be terminated unless new status document is handed in. I already read a lot of post here before posting this but still not clear about implied status. I have not received any "AOR letter" technically but have UCI and application number IRCC sent me with medical examination request and I was able to activate permanent resident application tracker with the information given. Does that mean I already have AOR?? In addition to it, if my work ask me for any document saying I am still eligible for working even after my current PWGP expires, what document I am supposed to give them to show them that I am still eligible to work?
You guys and this website has helped me tremendously and always really appreciate. Thank you.
If you received medical request with UCI and application number, you have AOR. May be check junk mail under sponsor's email to see if the AOR email was received.

I am a bit confused on the OWP. You would be applying for OWP not an "OWP extension". With application of OWP included in inland (paper base) application, you should have implied status.

Regarding to Alberta, I am not familiar with. Hopefully, other members have more information on that.