+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland APR Eligibility Decision Letter

Evans205

Apr 24, 2024
Hi guys , I’m an inland applicant for spousal application, I got pre arrival letter on 04/19/24. Got eligibility decision letter on 04/23/24. And the letter says -

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or Common-
Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence
as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that a final
decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident
have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you
and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they are not
applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident until you
and all your family members have met these requirements.

Please can anyone help me with what’s next ?
Does this mean pre approval ?
Thanks in advance guys!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It means that your sponsor has been approved and your relationship to your sponsor has now been approved. This is known as AIP: Approval in Principle.
Approved in principle / Approval in principle (AIP)
Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if:

• you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but
  • you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.

All that's left is the medical (unless you've had your exam already), background and security checks!

If you want/need an Open Work Permit, you can apply now, but...you may be nearing the finish line for your PR so consider the extra cost of OWP (~$255, unless it's gone up).

Reactions: Evans205

Evans205

Apr 24, 2024
It means that your sponsor has been approved and your relationship to your sponsor has now been approved. This is known as AIP: Approval in Principle.
Approved in principle / Approval in principle (AIP)
Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if:

• you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but
  • you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.

All that's left is the medical (unless you've had your exam already), background and security checks!

If you want/need an Open Work Permit, you can apply now, but...you may be nearing the finish line for your PR so consider the extra cost of OWP (~$255, unless it's gone up).
Thank you so much for the response.
Medical done & approved
Security passed & background check done “
Applied for OWP on 02/01/24 & heard nothing on that.
Should be I excited yet lol.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Medical done & approved
DUH! LOL!

Might be worth sending a web form to see if you can cancel the OWP and get a refund. It would be a shame to receive the OWP after your PR has been finalized.

Then, take the refund and celebrate!

Reactions: Evans205

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my tracker shows eligibility completed biometrics in progress does it mean our relationship part is passed for inland spousal sponsorship
Yes, because without having a valid relationship with your spouse or partner approved, you would not be eligible for this type of PR.

Orishy

May 1, 2024
Medical done & approved
I applied spousal work permit too April 9, 2024 and got approved in 3 weeks on May 1, 2024. Did you received yours now?

aksaelsababu

Jan 19, 2024
Hey,
I applied in January 23rd,2024 and received my AOR in Feb 01,2024. Only my medical and biometrics is marked completed and background check is in progress with criminality completed. But my eligibility has not started yet. Hasn't received sponsor approval too. Is this normal?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,
I applied in January 23rd,2024 and received my AOR in Feb 01,2024. Only my medical and biometrics is marked completed and background check is in progress with criminality completed. But my eligibility has not started yet. Hasn't received sponsor approval too. Is this normal?
Your sponsor had to have been approved, since that is the first piece of the puzzle. You may be very close to the proverbial finish line!