May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
pretty_girl said:
I applied for my work permit online on May 14th before it expired. But it was not submitted till May 15th. So, should I withdraw my application and apply for restoration of my status?

Also, when I talked to CIC's customer service rep., he told me that I am under implied status as applied on May 14th besides the fact it got submitted on May 15th and I have a right to use my payment receipt as a proof. But, I know all depends on the officer which is the reason I am worried that my application might be rejected.
It's not just the receiving date, but you haven't paid the right amount. I'm not familiar with the online surface, is there any way to add more payment?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Mandy413 said:
Hey Everyone -

I have kind of a specific question in regards to an e-mail I received from CIC.

I received AOR on April 18, 2015.

I then received another e-mail May 14, 2015 stating the following:

"Please find attached a letter related to your application to sponsor under the family class. Please fully read the attachment. This letter will not be re-issued. Please save this message for your records."

The thing is there was no PDF attached! I contacted the call center and they had no record of this e-mail being sent. I'm just curious if anyone else has received this e-mail, what it's all about, etc. I'm just worried it said something important and they have no record of sending it. :eek: Instead, they said they had record of a second request being sent for form IMM5669, which is an e-mail we never got. We resent the form in anyway and have heard nothing since...

Any help is appreciated!!
I know that it happened with others before, I don't know what the attachment could be. I would suggest to order your notes.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Diarraye said:
Hi Sophie: like I wrote to you before about my application for sponsorship transferred from Mississauga to Calgary for review in March Cic Calgary send me letter that my application was receive but due to the high volume application in Calgary office cases received in April 2015 are stimated to be review October 2016 But I receive another letter 10 days after to request to send prove of relationship in order to continue to process my application ( declaration statutory of relationship,join bank,recent dated photographs,phone bills,T4's,options C,notice of assessment. I send all the request in 2 weeks after they received I check my application online it said In (PROCESS) now I'm confuse I don't know if the review will be in October 2016 or it already started?
I think it's a good sign, that they requested more proof, you might not need an interview, and you might get an answer sooner. You can also send support letters from friends and family and every other bit of proof you can get.
The eCAS In process doesn't mean anything.

pretty_girl

Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2015 rec. by CIO
Doc's Request.
PCC - 31-08-2015, Jan 21 2016, March 08 2016
Nomination.....
14-05-2015
AOR Received.
25-08-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted already 2015-06-17
Med's Request
Upfront - October 22nd
Med's Done....
10-22-2015
Passport Req..
14-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
Inland
sophieee said:
It's not just the receiving date, but you haven't paid the right amount. I'm not familiar with the online surface, is there any way to add more payment?

I paid $155 as I was just applying for an extension of my work permit and that too was before it expired. Also, I did not even get any option to pay another $200 because I was not out of status at that time. So, I don't know what to do now. :(

Diarraye

Jul 22, 2014
Thank you so much Sophie: I'm in second step for my inland sponsorship I get email today from case processing agente Cic Calgary location requesting me to send my police certificate from my country and my valid passport, i email here back to ask if i can fax it she said yes so i faxed it to here,Sophie do you know what that mean about my application ;D

MariMari7

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 17 2015
AOR Received.
AOR Sponsor-June 11, 2015, AOR Applicant -December 11,2015
Med's Done....
Filed with Application
Diarraye said:
Thank you so much Sophie: I'm in second step for my inland sponsorship I get email today from case processing agente Cic Calgary location requesting me to send my police certificate from my country and my valid passport, i email here back to ask if i can fax it she said yes so i faxed it to here,Sophie do you know what that mean about my application ;D
Are you inland?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Diarraye said:
It's good that someone is looking at your application, but it doesn't necessary mean that you will get your PR any time soon. They sent your file to Calgary because they have some concerns about it, and I doubt that it has anything to do with your passport and police check. You still have to wait till they address the real problems.

Jan 28, 2015
Hi,

I just mailed away my INLAND application. You guys and this forum have been a tremendous help. thank you for all the information.

Also, I had a question that I am going to ask, but I am not sure if this is the right place:

My Passport expires October 25th, so my OWP if approved won't be any longer than that date. Now I was thinking about renewing my passport, but I was afraid that doing so could mess up my application. Anyone has been in the same situation? what is the best course of action?

And how about the PR process itself? Will renewing my passport interrupt the PR application ?

thanks again,
Farzan

dee365

May 28, 2015
I don't know what country you are from or how long it takes to process a new passport but if I were you I would work on getting a new passport as soon as possible so that by the time they get to your application you already have your new passport. You will definitely be needing that new passport for your PR so why not get started on getting the new one now. In the event they cannot process your OWP because you only have validity for 4 months if you have the new passport you can say to them I have a new passport and give them the info so that they can continue processing your OWP.

Jan 28, 2015
Thank you for the reply.

I am from Iran, so I will need to send my passport to Washington to have it renewed. It takes 2 weeks on average. Since I have supplied photocopies of my current passport to CIC, as well as input my current passport number in the forms, do you think it will cause any interruption with the process once they ask me for my passport back ?

Is there a way I can let CIC know of my new passport?

Thanks

Mandy413

Jun 1, 2015
sophieee said:
I know that it happened with others before, I don't know what the attachment could be. I would suggest to order your notes.
Hey guys.. an update on my file.

ECAS says that my application to sponsor has begun processing on April 17, 2015 and is marked as 'in process'.

I ordered case notes today in hopes to get some clarification on the above e-mail. I ordered them for myself, on my sponsorship not my partner's so hopefully we'll get some info!

Is there anything wrong with ordering case notes frequently? If these ones don't provide any answers we planned on getting the case notes on my boyfriend's permanent residency application rather than on my sponsorship.

Diarraye

Jul 22, 2014
Hi Sophie this is what I get in my mailbox regarding my sponsorship I'm very stress out and worry. An interview has been scheduled for you in regards to your sponsorship application for *******as a member of Spouse or common-law partner in Canada Class. The interview will be held at the Canada Immigration Centre, Room 210, 2204 Avenue SE, Calgary Alberta on *** at ***am. t is imperative for you to appear for your interview. If you are unable to attend the interview on the date and time indicated. you must inform us well in advance, giving a substantive reason why you are unable to attend. Failure to appear for this interview may be perceived as a lack of interest in this application and your application could be refused At this interview, there is no right for counsel to attend. However, counsel is welcome to attend on the date set for the interview. Counsel may be a barrister or solicitor, friend. relative or any person who is there, with the permission of the applicant. Presence of counsel should not impede the interview process. Please note that counsel, friends or family members are not allowed to act as interpreters. If you believe you will require the services of an interpreter, you must contact our office b mail or by fax at ****** no later than ***2015. Our office will ensure an accredited interpreter is available. In your please state your full name. Unique client identifier number and the language in which correspondence you would like to conduct the interview The Unique client identifier in the upper right corner of this letter is your personal identification number. Canada. with Citizenship and Immigration correspondence Please include this number in any telephon the Call Centre at (Toll Free) Genera If you require further assistance, information and application kits may also be obtained through our Web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca. Yours truly
Please i need some example for interview. :(

dee365

May 28, 2015
Hi FarzanMirheydari,
That's excellent it only takes two weeks to get a new passport. It will take CIC longer than two weeks to contact you regarding your application if you sent it via mail. I sent mine via mail and it took 7 weeks for me to receive my first AOR. If you sent your application via mail you have enough time to get the new passport before receiving your AOR. I believe you should get your new passport as soon as possible so when CIC contact you to tell you that your passport is expiring you can respond to them immediately and say here is my new passport number and expiry. Keep a photocopy of your current passport before sending it to Washington for a new one.