Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-12-2012
LANDED..........
jiggyzealous said:
@ serenity

As u see I should have gotten AIP from Friday. Called them this morning and they agent said she sent them a request to update my file so let's see. Call them again to have a request made on your behalf. Some agents know the process more than others do. But I believe ur gonna get both steps complete same time
thats a good idea with the request to update my file... i will try that definately next time!!
everyday i am looking at my emails..please let there be something soon :D

anna_i87

Mar 30, 2013
We haven't gotten any kind of response yet.
They're on the 8th of October 2012 applications right now. Ours is the Oct 19, 2012, so hopefully we hear something soon.

We have put together additional information to send out this week, does anyone know if that can delay a response?
Thanks!

Loops

Star Member
Oct 12, 2012
Hey Guys!!

I got a letter from Montreal CIC office today, its a paper with my information with a section to corect if something is wrong, a form that I have to fill and the instructions for some pictures taht I have to send back ASAP!

In the letter indicates that once they get all this they will contact me with the date and time for the landing interview!! :) :)

I was wondering if someone got something similar already, or if this is just a Quebec thing before they give you landing interview date.

Sonja/srb

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
neyuli said:
I have a question!! Please HELP!

I wanna apply for Temporary Re-entry Visa (TRV) inside Canada. I've just found out that we actually can apply online....However, for re-entry visa, I recalled I had to submit my passport together with the application so they can stamp the visa on the page. Thus, I am wondering how it will work with the online system when they only request you to scan or photocopy your passport pages? I would appreciate any help, please share your experience :)

Thank you,
Hi guys
Can someone give me more information about this Visa, does it mean that with this Visa we can leave and later re-enter Canada without a problem?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Sonja/srb said:
Hi guys
Can someone give me more information about this Visa, does it mean that with this Visa we can leave and later re-enter Canada without a problem?
No this does not give you automatic permission to come back into Canada after leaving. You still need to convince the border customs to let you back in. If you have a valid visa and have OWP then it shouldn't be a problem. However it is still risky to leave without proper documents. Once you get denied back to Canada, you are screwed.

All the visa renewal extension is just getting a new visitor record with an extended departure date to leave Canada. You are just legalizing your stay in Canada. We applied for visa stay extension for my wife. She received a new vistor record in the mail. Keep in mind, on this new extension visitor record, it will likely say "DOES NOT PERMIT RE-ENTRY". So by leaving Canada with this new visa record can cause a lot of headache if the border agent sees this little note despite having a valid visa.

Screech339

Sonja/srb

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
16-01-2013
screech339 said:
No this does not give you automatic permission to come back into Canada after leaving. You still need to convince the border customs to let you back in. If you have a valid visa and have OWP then it shouldn't be a problem. However it is still risky to leave without proper documents. Once you get denied back to Canada, you are screwed.

All the visa renewal extension is just getting a new visitor record with an extended departure date to leave Canada. You are just legalizing your stay in Canada. We applied for visa stay extension for my wife. She received a new vistor record in the mail. Keep in mind, on this new extension visitor record, it will likely say "DOES NOT PERMIT RE-ENTRY". So by leaving Canada with this new visa record can cause a lot of headache if the border agent sees this little note despite having a valid visa.

Screech339
thank you Screech339 :) I will not take a risk with this.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
canamconnect said:
And what is the point of question #1? Isn't that addressed during the PR process? Or does it mean even if your PR is granted they can still refuse you at the border? I can see no other reason for them having to ask that...
They want to know if any criminality issues have arisen WHILE your PR application is in process. If you lie and say "no" but later they find out you were arrested for DUI a week earlier, they can then revoke your PR.

Yes, they can still refuse you at the border. I recall reading one story where someone (working in Canada on a work permit) complained when she flew back to Canada with her new husband, who had JUST received his visa. They show up at the border and the CBSA officer tore up her husband's COPR and cancelled his counterfoil. She was upset.

We had to explain to her that the CBSA officer did her husband a HUGE favour - that if he'd let her husband land, he would never have been able to sponsor her for PR in Canada. Instead, he had to go back to the visa office, amend his application (they charge a fee if you do this AFTER the visa/copr is issued) and add her to it.

That's a lot better than the heartbreaking stories of people who are told they cannot sponsor their spouse because they are excluded due to their previous relationship - their choice is to abandon their PR or find a way to get their spouse into Canada without spousal sponsorship.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
computergeek said:
They want to know if any criminality issues have arisen WHILE your PR application is in process. If you lie and say "no" but later they find out you were arrested for DUI a week earlier, they can then revoke your PR.

Yes, they can still refuse you at the border. I recall reading one story where someone (working in Canada on a work permit) complained when she flew back to Canada with her new husband, who had JUST received his visa. They show up at the border and the CBSA officer tore up her husband's COPR and cancelled his counterfoil. She was upset.

We had to explain to her that the CBSA officer did her husband a HUGE favour - that if he'd let her husband land, he would never have been able to sponsor her for PR in Canada. Instead, he had to go back to the visa office, amend his application (they charge a fee if you do this AFTER the visa/copr is issued) and add her to it.

That's a lot better than the heartbreaking stories of people who are told they cannot sponsor their spouse because they are excluded due to their previous relationship - their choice is to abandon their PR or find a way to get their spouse into Canada without spousal sponsorship.
@computergeek

I am curious as to how the "husband" gotten PR. Did he apply for it as a individual applying through point system on his own? If he did, had he entered Canada on his own, he would still been able to sponsor his new wife had he entered Canada first. Then gotten married after the fact. I think it is due to poor timing on the husband's part. Getting married after getting PR outside Canada all before landing in Canada is a dumb move.

Screech339

nrajani_99

Feb 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
WAITING FOR LANDING INTERVIEW
computergeek said:

computer geek what you mean by pervious relationship.. cause my friend had a previous marriage but she got it annuled and sponsered her husband..

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
I am in Service Ontario right now and I was shock to see the customer service must shout to inform the number of que to come to her counter desk and it is so crowded and hot.. I really wonder why the government not to use otomatic call machine for the number. No wonder some of our applications lost and their processing time is slow because of the old system they use. In other countries have already used high technology system .

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
jiggyzealous said:
@ thatgirl123
My sixth month was last Friday. Still see they're stuck on October early applications. My friend, krissikris received hers last week. It was more than two weeks over due
Yes, I saw that! :) Pretty soon Jiggy, pretty soon - you will be next! Im watching yours a lot because we are in the same "general" time frame.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sunsun said:
I am in Service Ontario right now and I was shock to see the customer service must shout to inform the number of que to come to her counter desk and it is so crowded and hot.. I really wonder why the government not to use otomatic call machine for the number. No wonder some of our applications lost and their processing time is slow because of the old system they use. In other countries have already used high technology system .
We have been to service ontario. They do use the numbering queue. The numbers get updated on tally screen and the counter desk calls out the number. The applicants have to pay attention to the number on the board. It is no different from going to deli section of supermarket and they calling out the numbers queued from tickets.

I don't see anything wrong with that. It is based on first come first serve basis.

Screech339

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
FYI,a long time ago in my country , they don't use that display number and shout for the numbers. We have already uses automatic display number with automatic call the number and inform the customer to come to which customer service desk..

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sunsun said:
FYI,a long time ago in my country , they don't use that display number and shout for the numbers. We have already uses automatic display number with automatic call the number and inform the customer to come to which customer service desk..
Much like the wal-mart 15 or less express check out lanes.

Screech339

sunsun

Apr 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
Can you imagine , the room was so full and hot , many customers must stand including old people and there were no computers which you can select what do you want to do over there so you can go to special counter desk with the que number. No washroom, No TV , No digital information , No WI-FI etc etc etc...

If you travel to other countries , you will understand what I mean....What I am trying to say is the old technology they use and how they treat the customers.
Sorry,it doesn't connect to Canada Immigration and i just want to share my experience in Canada since I am still new in this country