App. Filed.......
06-09-2012
AOR Received.
24-11-2012
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
We have just received the email stating the approval of sponsorship! Yay :) I also had an email saying that I have met the eligibility requirements and can apply for an open work permit and have my medical exam done.

We are applying inland and I wasn't too sure which form to fill in and print for the OWP? Can anyone help me find this? The website gets confusing at times!!

Rusty53

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
nataliew83 said:
We have just received the email stating the approval of sponsorship! Yay :) I also had an email saying that I have met the eligibility requirements and can apply for an open work permit and have my medical exam done.

We are applying inland and I wasn't too sure which form to fill in and print for the OWP? Can anyone help me find this? The website gets confusing at times!!

Nataliew83, would you like to be added to our spreadsheet. If so I need to know the date your application was recieved by CIC, the date you got AOR and if you sent in Police Clearance. Congrats on your AIP!

figtoria

Nov 19, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nataliew83 said:

You have to fill out the paper version of the OWP, not the online version.

This is the link I used.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

It's the application to extend or change, but this the right one for an Open Work Permit. You have to write across the top of the application - "Open Work Permit for Spousal Sponsorship Application".

You have to mail away for the receipt to pay at the bank. My advice is to do that asap - I've been waiting nearly 2 weeks for mine.

The link to order that is here:

https://eservicesak.cic.gc.ca/kms/introinit.do?dispatch=introinit&appno=5401&lang=en

Congratulations and best of luck!!

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
nataliew83 said:

Yah!Congratulations to you!-When did you apply?

canham2012

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
nataliew83 said:

Congratulations !!!!

wolanila

Jun 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nataliew83 said:

Way cool!!!!! Congrats Friends

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
jiggyzealous said:
@ thatgirl123 welcome yah so mon! Do you have some jerk chicken and rum and raisin ice cream for us here. Jamaica all the time! No problem mon. Are you and your huzzy Jamaicans? Or its only him? Good to know we have the same timeline? How far are you along the journey? Have you gotten AIP yet?
lol My hubby is Jcan. Im Canadian. Been together 11 years, 6 of those he was back home so it has been a ruff ride. He finally came back up this summer, we married in Sept and hope to get our lives started asap!! Its ruff when he cant work... he feels so useless =( We have not gotten AIP yet, I hope it comes soon!

thatgirl123

Star Member
Dec 3, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 30, 2012
nataliew83 said:

Yaaaay!!!!! :D Congrats!!

NicJohn

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Vancouover
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2012
Doc's Request.
12-12-2012
AOR Received.
12-12-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
05-11-2013
nataliew83 said:

Congrats, please let us know your timeline, so we can all see where we are in the long waiting list :)

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
@thatgirl123 yes babes I am feeling useless too. I'm tired of the four walls everyday. And you know that Jamaican men love being able to go about and work so we can should :D. I'm disturbed how the US gives work permit to a sponsored spouse in 2 months and we have to wait for an entire 6 months in Canada to even be considered for an OWP

Mrembo

Apr 17, 2012
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 16th 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9th 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 9th 2012
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Can't wait
canham2012 said:
Hi All,

Just received my Health card in mail today :) ..
Congrats!-it must feel good!!-every step in this prosess is a big deal!

sounion

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2012
Interview........
20-11-2013
LANDED..........
20-11-2013
congrats natalie!

nataliew83

Sep 8, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2012
AOR Received.
24-11-2012
Med's Request
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Rusty53 said:
Nataliew83, would you like to be added to our spreadsheet. If so I need to know the date your application was recieved by CIC, the date you got AOR and if you sent in Police Clearance. Congrats on your AIP!
Hi, yes that would be great, my application was received 6 September 2012, Police check was sent with application, AOR was November 24, Medical done today 21 February

So now I can get on with the OWP, figtoria - I have sent off for the receipt to pay at the bank, thanks for the link. I will fill out the forms and have them ready to print and mail as soon as the payment receipt arrives.

Thanks for all the congrats, feeling good now the medical is out of the way :)