Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Thanks mdna for answering some of my questions.

I just have a few quick ones just to be clear before I mail things out.

(1) When I am making a payment, what is the different between "Family Class" and "Spouse and Common Law Partner in Canada Class"?

I know I have to make a payment of Sponsorship Application - $75 and Principal Applicant - $475, but both of those fees exist under "Family Class" and "Spouse and Common Law Partner in Canada Class" from the online payment website on CIC.

(2) Also, if my wife has been in canada studying since April 2009 and she is currently still residing in canada with a valid study permit.

Should we get a police certificate from Toronto Police, her hometown, or both?

What do we need to bring to the Toronto Police in order to do a check? Driver License? My wife's passport?

(3) Lastly, the Appendix B talks about "Fingerprints", what is that form for? Is it necessary to give CIC a fingerprint or a government copy of the fingerprint from my wife's home country?

By the way, her home country is China.

(4) When I am working on some forms like the Spouse/Common-Law Questionnaire, question 1 on the form ask for the date and where under the question "When was the first time you met your sponsor in person?".

Honestly, when you first met someone, it is hard to remember exactly the day, we can only be sure on the month and year. Is the "day" of the month really critical?

For "where", do we indicate, city/province/country is sufficient, or should we put the intersection or the restaurant name? The box is quite small to fit all the details. Just curious how much do you guys put in usually.

(5) On forms where it has for "period" or a date of "from when to when". Do you leave the end date blank if it is "ongoing"?
For example, Spouse/Common-Law Questionnaire question 3 asks us for the period of cohabitation. We live together from Nov 2011, but it is ongoing as we are married now. Do I put "today" (or application date) for the end date (ie. Nov 1 2011 to March 7 2012)?

Or let say the "Schedule A Background" forms where question 8 asks for Personal History.
If my wife's most recent activity is studying since Jan 2012, and it is ongoing, for the "TO" date, I am confuse if I should use today/application date, or leave it blank, or use the expected program completion date?

The guide didn't explain too clearly about how to fill in those "FROM DATE" - "TO DATE", hence I am hoping someone here can shed some light :)

Thank you once again.

Walter

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walter8299 said:
Thanks mdna for answering some of my questions.

I just have a few quick ones just to be clear before I mail things out.

(1) When I am making a payment, what is the different between "Family Class" and "Spouse and Common Law Partner in Canada Class"?

I know I have to make a payment of Sponsorship Application - $75 and Principal Applicant - $475, but both of those fees exist under "Family Class" and "Spouse and Common Law Partner in Canada Class" from the online payment website on CIC.

(2) Also, if my wife has been in canada studying since April 2009 and she is currently still residing in canada with a valid study permit.

Should we get a police certificate from Toronto Police, her hometown, or both?

What do we need to bring to the Toronto Police in order to do a check? Driver License? My wife's passport?

(3) Lastly, the Appendix B talks about "Fingerprints", what is that form for? Is it necessary to give CIC a fingerprint or a government copy of the fingerprint from my wife's home country?

By the way, her home country is China.

(4) When I am working on some forms like the Spouse/Common-Law Questionnaire, question 1 on the form ask for the date and where under the question "When was the first time you met your sponsor in person?".

Honestly, when you first met someone, it is hard to remember exactly the day, we can only be sure on the month and year. Is the "day" of the month really critical?

For "where", do we indicate, city/province/country is sufficient, or should we put the intersection or the restaurant name? The box is quite small to fit all the details. Just curious how much do you guys put in usually.

(5) On forms where it has for "period" or a date of "from when to when". Do you leave the end date blank if it is "ongoing"?
For example, Spouse/Common-Law Questionnaire question 3 asks us for the period of cohabitation. We live together from Nov 2011, but it is ongoing as we are married now. Do I put "today" (or application date) for the end date (ie. Nov 1 2011 to March 7 2012)?

Or let say the "Schedule A Background" forms where question 8 asks for Personal History.
If my wife's most recent activity is studying since Jan 2012, and it is ongoing, for the "TO" date, I am confuse if I should use today/application date, or leave it blank, or use the expected program completion date?

The guide didn't explain too clearly about how to fill in those "FROM DATE" - "TO DATE", hence I am hoping someone here can shed some light :)

Thank you once again.

Walter

walter,let me answer you questions

1. you have to pay you fees under Spouse and Common Law Partner in Canada Class" that $75+$475

2.get police certificate from her home county and add a finger print RMCP check and police certificate from a county which has stay for more than 6 months since she was 18....that should be fine ...cic have a way of doing background check in canada.

3.your can walk in to a police station or a private on and tell them you here to do finger prints for immgration purposes and make sure u have your client ID since she is on study permit and her passport.u will be issue with 2 copies.one for cic and the other send to her home county for police certificate.
4.yes you must put in a day and u must always remember with the day its not a complete date.
5.you can use a separate sheet and attached to it and write the question and the number and your answer under it......write on the form answer attached.
6. you write the day you got married to present eg...jan 5,2011 to present.

i hope this will help you......good luck

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
Thanks Tozo!

She has been residing in Canada since she's 18 (back in April 2009).

So I suppose we should goto a Police Station in Toronto to request for a background check and fingerprints.
Would bringing the Appendix A and Appendix B form with us makes thing easier for us to get what we need at the police station?

I already have my wife to contact her parents in China to get a police background check in China.

So I should be getting two copies of my fingerprints, one for CIC, and the other for my wife's home country to get her police check?

To Tozo: When you mention CIC have a way of doing background check in Canada, does that mean I don't need a police clearance letter from Toronto?

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walter8299 said:
Thanks Tozo!

She has been residing in Canada since she's 18 (back in April 2009).

So I suppose we should goto a Police Station in Toronto to request for a background check and fingerprints.
Would bringing the Appendix A and Appendix B form with us makes thing easier for us to get what we need at the police station?

I already have my wife to contact her parents in China to get a police background check in China.

So I should be getting two copies of my fingerprints, one for CIC, and the other for my wife's home country to get her police check?

To Tozo: When you mention CIC have a way of doing background check in Canada, does that mean I don't need a police clearance letter from Toronto?
walters,you dont need police certificate from Canada but send the finger print along with application and police certificate from home country ....you should be fine.....they will use the other copy for her police certificate from home country......so if she turn 18 here in canada,i guess she will need one from here.

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
tozo said:
walters,you dont need police certificate from Canada but send the finger print along with application and police certificate from home country ....you should be fine.....they will use the other copy for her police certificate from home country......so if she turn 18 here in canada,i guess she will need one from here.
She didn't turn 18 here in Canada. She turned 18 back in China, then came here when she is 18 and 3 months old.

Thanks for explaining to me in details, really appreciated your help. :)

I will get the fingerprint and submit the fingerprint along with the China police certificate.
I am assuming CIC should have a way to check her background/criminal record for within Canada since she's been hear since 18 yrs 3 mth old (now she's 21 yrs and 2 mth), she's been living here for 3 years (to think about it) :)

From your opinion, should I submit the package now first, and then mail the the China police certificate and the RCMP fingerprints once I get them (probably in roughly 1-2 weeks as the China Police Certificate is being mailed over right now)?
Or should I wait for everything?

The problem is, my wife cannot do the medical report now either way because she is pregnant and we have a health practioner given us a letter indicating she is pregnant and expected due date in May 2012.

That is why I am thinking if I should rush the police checks or wait until they ask me for them along with the Medical Examination later (after my baby is born).

After reading over some of the previous posts, I just realize I should apply PR together with OWP and add a note on top of the OWP "please process only after AIP" <--- is that the best way?

Also, I found a post talk about if we don't have a Use of a Representative, should we include that form in the package. So do we write N/A in every field and include that form?

How about the "Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 472 KB)" form? Should we include that and write N/A in every field?

Also is the Medical Examination form "Medical Report Section A — EDE/EFE [IMM 1017 SCL] (PDF, 98 KB)". Should I include that form and write N/A then explain on a seperate sheet that my wife is pregnant with the medical note?

Lastly is the "Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]", I am not sure if I type this one correctly, did you had such a form when you apply back in 2010? Would you mind quickly double checking for me if you fill that form before?

And/or could you check to make sure I fill in the form to apply OWP correctly?

Thank you. PR is probably the most stressful thing I have experience in my life. Probably because I really want to be able to live with my wife forever together in Canada. :) Our first child (daughter) will come in May :) Very excited too!

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
i've been living in canada for 6 years as a student, just sent my application for PR. should i send CIC vegreville my fingerprints or get the certificate from RCMP and send it to them? or just wait until they request?

Besunshine

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Is it better to apply for spousal sponsorhip or canadian experience class? I was initially going to sponsor my fiance after we got married, but we just talked to an immigration consultant and he told us that because of all this marriage fraud and stuff, it would be better to do the canadian experience class route, since my fiance qualifies for it.....

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Besunshine said:
Is it better to apply for spousal sponsorhip or canadian experience class? I was initially going to sponsor my fiance after we got married, but we just talked to an immigration consultant and he told us that because of all this marriage fraud and stuff, it would be better to do the canadian experience class route, since my fiance qualifies for it.....
may i ask if your spouse is in canada or outland ....well its is faster to sponsor from outland..again with the canadian exp.class is 15 months to process.if in canada sponsorship its now 11 months for AIP and up to 8 months for decision made.......so up to you decide where to go.if you are married its easy to proof it.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mdna said:
i've been living in canada for 6 years as a student, just sent my application for PR. should i send CIC vegreville my fingerprints or get the certificate from RCMP and send it to them? or just wait until they request?
yes send cic vegreville your fingerprints.....you should have send it will you pr application ,cic have a way to have your background check.good luck

walter8299

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2012
How critical/important are the "dating" on the forms for the signature?

On March 6 2012, I have done all the sponsor-related forms, hence I date those forms March 6 2012 and sign them.
Then on March 7 2012, I start to work on the applicant-related forms, hence I date those forms March 7 2012 and the applicant (spouse) signed them.
The longest application is the Spousal Questionnaire, so we spend a day working on the form and dated them March 8 2012.

Now, I have completed all the forms, I went over the checklist and notice I am missing some required stuff (ie. Option-C, an employment letter from employer, etc.) So I will be getting them asap and so those documents might be dated at a later date than March 6-8.

Let say I get everything I need by March 18 and then take it out to the post office and mail the package on March 19.
I know the package will date sent March 19, and probably receive by CIC around March 2x.

My question is: Should I change the dates on my forms? Or leave it as is?

mdna

Mar 3, 2012
these applications take time to complete... why would you change the dates? it's ok to have different dates on them.

Karito

Star Member
Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
??
VISA ISSUED...
??
LANDED..........
??
Hello everyone

so finally we are almost done with everything, i'm just waiting for my boyfriend's brother letter supporting our relationship as genuine, since he doesn't live in the same province. But now i have some questions:

Should i pay the fees now? or when you suppose to pay it? btw im applying as common-law inland application
and what about the proof we gathered about the relationship, rent agreement, proof of comunication (phones bill showing how much we talk everyday hahaha we talk a lot) driver's licence showing same address etc, where should i put these papers im confused ??? and should i write caption in everypaper explain it what they are? well for me this is really obvious what they are, but i don't know if the ppl that will check our papers will want detailed everything, in the check list there's an item that says lease agreement, letters of friends and relative supporting that your relationship is genuine etc ---and in the common-law questionnaire -question #12 says attach everything you think proof your relationship, so i dont know where exactly to put these papers, im so sorry i dont know if what im asking is clear or maybe im confusing you guys, english isn't my first language as you can tell ;)

please somebody that can help me, i just are stressed about this, i want to send everything correct and do not have any issue.

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walter8299 said:
How critical/important are the "dating" on the forms for the signature?

On March 6 2012, I have done all the sponsor-related forms, hence I date those forms March 6 2012 and sign them.
Then on March 7 2012, I start to work on the applicant-related forms, hence I date those forms March 7 2012 and the applicant (spouse) signed them.
The longest application is the Spousal Questionnaire, so we spend a day working on the form and dated them March 8 2012.

Now, I have completed all the forms, I went over the checklist and notice I am missing some required stuff (ie. Option-C, an employment letter from employer, etc.) So I will be getting them asap and so those documents might be dated at a later date than March 6-8.

Let say I get everything I need by March 18 and then take it out to the post office and mail the package on March 19.
I know the package will date sent March 19, and probably receive by CIC around March 2x.

My question is: Should I change the dates on my forms? Or leave it as is?
USE ONE DATE FO ALL THE FORMS.......HOPE U ARE OK

tozo

Jul 14, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello inland 2012,its quite in here ......hope all is well .stay strong and your will come 8)

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning Tozo,

Yes, it is quite in here. I guess no one apart from us sent their application in 2012:)

I can see that you sent your application in 2010. My god it is already 16 month. They are taking their time huh?

I'm trying to stay away from the forums as it reminds me that I can not leave the country until I receive my PR and it is annoying!:( How is the waiting game going on your side? :)