+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

CEC

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TeresaLynn said:
CEC i am in your boat, we were approved April 12th, police checks sent last week in May but haven't been attached to the file. We have a tracking number from when we sent it. Do you think I should be worried it's not attached yet? When was yours attached?
Hi Teresa, i remember you from the other forum.

Anyway, they got my police checks on the first week of May and they attached it to my file on Junie 13. If I were you I would definitely check it coz mine was attached over 1 month ago. Remember that they take over 1 month to attach it so maybe your Police Check took a while to get there and it still in the line.

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
CEC said:
We are on the same boat. I also got AiP in April, Police Checks were sent after 1 week of the AiP letter and I am still waiting for any update.

I call them and they say everything is correct, they will not require anything else but I have to wait.

The question is: wait for what?

It gets me and my wife VERY nervous about it...
That's exactly my situation. I got AIP last april and I'm still waiting....

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hello
Theresa Lynn, CEC & GiGi I am also with you guys, in a same boat. I received my AIP, OWP, on 6th April 2011. After that according to their request I sent my police clearance which they received on 30th May 2011 since than no message at all, no e-cas, no phone call, no email, no telephone machine change ...nothing, I don't want to call their agent because they are like parrot or like a tape recorder keep repeating same lecture of 9 + 9 Months................................waiting to hear from you guys any good news soon.

TeresaLynn

Jan 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 18, 2010
Doc's Request.
January 07, 2011
AOR Received.
April 12, 2011
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
February 17, 2012
Have they attached your police certificate? Ours hasn't been attached. I am so worried about that. We have a tracking number, name and signature of the person who received it. I hope its attached soon.

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
lovely20 said:
You can volunteer, it is not illegal because you are not being paid by anybody to do it.

What you can do is as soon as you receive your Open work permit, you can apply for your temporary SIN. Some of the people here who landed were able to get their SIN on the same day, unfortunately in Alberta we can't do that. We got approved on both stages at the same time although the OWP came a few days earlier. What we did was to went to the nearest Service Canada and apply for temporary SIN so hubby can start working until we receive his PR card. Then after we receive his PR card we will apply for a permanent SIN.

About paying the taxes later, I think that is still illegal. Personally I won't risk it over a few hundred dollars, I mean you waited this long already better be on the safe side right?
Hi Lovely20,
I really appreciate your help and comments!
Thank you for sharing thoughts according to my question.

I totally agree with you: it is better to avoid activities which can be considered as illegal actions.
I just wanted to know if it is possible to start work right after getting a decision.
If not, I will obtain the necessary documents at first.

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
CIC processing time was updated!
They are working on applications received on October 2, 2010.

Latvian, now you have to call them :)
I'll keep my fingers crossed! Good luck!

TRUE RUSSIAN

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
KIEV, UKRAINE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 6, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2016
Hi guys some of you were talking about receiving AIP few days ago who's applications were received on 3rd and 4th. How is it posible????? As they just apdated "We are currently working on applications received on October 2nd"?????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

iluvcanada77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
26-Nov-2010 In Process
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
LANDED..........
27-Feb-2012
TRUE RUSSIAN said:
Hi guys some of you were talking about receiving AIP few days ago who's applications were received on 3rd and 4th. How is it posible????? As they just apdated "We are currently working on applications received on October 2nd"?????? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Nobody knows the true way immigration operates. Just because they say they are working on applications received on a certain date, it doesn't necessarily mean that that's accurate. What's your timeline buddy?

TRUE RUSSIAN

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
KIEV, UKRAINE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 6, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2016
iluvcanada77 said:
Nobody knows the true way immigration operates. Just because they say they are working on applications received on a certain date, it doesn't necessarily mean that that's accurate. What's your timeline buddy?
We received your application for permanent residence on October 8, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 23, 2010.

We received the requested information on May 2, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

And nothing since then...yet:) :(

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hey Fleurette!

I'll try to call them tomorrow or Friday as it's almost impossible to reach them Mon - Wed. I'm working so I have to call from the office and it does not make my colleagues or boss happy to see me being on hold for 15 mins... :'(

Hope they've already done something with my file by now, e-cas still shows in process.

Good luck to all who's waiting!

iluvcanada77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
26-Nov-2010 In Process
Med's Done....
01-Sep-2010
LANDED..........
27-Feb-2012
TRUE RUSSIAN said:
We received your application for permanent residence on October 8, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 23, 2010.

We received the requested information on May 2, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

And nothing since then...yet:) :(
You're very close. A few days tops! Just pray you get both 1st and 2nd stage simultaneously. My timeline is quite similar to yours.

We received your application for permanent residence on October 14, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 26, 2010.

We received the requested information on April 20, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

And the "requested" information was my police certificate. Wasn't actually requested, but I sent it in after I sent my application because I was not able to obtain one at the time. How bout you? What was requested?

TRUE RUSSIAN

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
KIEV, UKRAINE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 6, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2016
iluvcanada77 said:
You're very close. A few days tops! Just pray you get both 1st and 2nd stage simultaneously. My timeline is quite similar to yours.

We received your application for permanent residence on October 14, 2010.

We started processing your application on November 26, 2010.

We received the requested information on April 20, 2011. Thank you for providing the information.

And the "requested" information was my police certificate. Wasn't actually requested, but I sent it in after I sent my application because I was not able to obtain one at the time. How bout you? What was requested?
They requested my wife's work/residence update from the last 5 years. I'm sponsoring her and she is on a study permit. She came last year on August and we got it extended to the end of November this year, cause she is continuing going to school. But since she is from Ukraine was no police sertificates requested at the time of applying, it says in application guide that IP-1 may be requested at the later date. But so far they haven't. If this is the case we will have to send a request to police in Ukraine to get it and then submit it to Vegreville. But hopefully she won't need it cause she already provided one when she applied for study permit at her visa office.

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good to see applications from October are getting some update. Here's my timeline:
We received your application for permanent residence on October 29, 2010.
We started processing your application on December 14, 2010.

No document request or anything..I called CIC a few weeks ago to asked if I need to send in any documents, the agent said they haven't opened my application yet,(which I know was a lie!)...So...Is that a good thing or bad thing???

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
pptk703 said:
Good to see applications from October are getting some update. Here's my timeline:
We received your application for permanent residence on October 29, 2010.
We started processing your application on December 14, 2010.

No document request or anything..I called CIC a few weeks ago to asked if I need to send in any documents, the agent said they haven't opened my application yet,(which I know was a lie!)...So...Is that a good thing or bad thing???
Hi pptk703,
Have you ordered the Foss notes? It may helps to understand what is going on with your application.

pptk703

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fleurette said:
Hi pptk703,
Have you ordered the Foss notes? It may helps to understand what is going on with your application.
Hmm what is Foss notes? How do I order it? How much does it cost? Is it necessary to order one?