+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Application

carlyee

Oct 18, 2010
My husband is a refugee claimant from Mexico and has his hearing on October 28th. We went to send in a spouse sponsorship and I've read that if his claim is refused and we have sent in the application form before the pre-removal risk assesment is given that there is a higher chance that he will be able to stay in Canada.. I'm just looking for any advice anyone may have. I am 36 weeks pregnant as well and have read that if there is a child to consider that they may consider what is best for the child... Please any advice will help!

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Hopefully he has a lawyer, and the lawyer should be advising you on this. They are going to assume that he married you in order to stay in Canada, so be prepared for that - but I'm surprised you haven't already submitted the sponsorship application with a child 36 weeks "in process", so to speak. What are you waiting for???

carlyee

Oct 18, 2010
We were behind on getting the proper papers from Mexico as well as we were only married on September 18th. I know that they will suspect that it is a marriage of convience but I having family and friends prepare letters testifying that the marriage is genuine as well as printing off pictures of many occasions we have been out.

I think we were also a bit confused as to what needed to be done because of the Refugee hearing coming up.

I plan to have the application out by weeks end, I'm just waiting for the Option C form.. seems to be taking forever.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
send them before 28 october and send as many proof as you can as your case its somehow tough
you can send joint bank account if you dont have open it now,
joint lease signed by both of you,
letters from your friends, family, your community, church if you are christians go register to be members at that church.letter from your boss
photos emails anything
explain how you met and where and when
joint purchases items
please try to have so many proof and try to go with outland route dont go inland route
get a lawyer to help you with his hearing on 28 as if he get a refusal on that date will be bad on his application hopely i try to help.where are you?city i mean

carlyee

Oct 18, 2010
i'm in vancouver.

I have printed off lots of pictures.. we have a joint bank account, i have letters from family and friends and i'm going to ask my landlady for a letter as well as she wanted to sign a new agreement with the both of us on it as I was living here by myself before he moved in. How long does an outland application normally take?

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
Check out the processing time on CIC website...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do you have a lawyer to help you with his refugee claimant?prepare that as well also check on OP2 manual you will have an idea with everything

carlyee

Oct 18, 2010
we had a lawyer who helped us up until just recently... unfortunately we could not come up with the legal fees as fast as need be so we kinda had to make a choice. Even though she wont be at the hearing, if we have any questions we are able to contact her.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
check on that OP2 MANUALS FOR THE SPOUSE APPLICATION YOU WANT TO FILL IN WILL HELP YOU BIG TIME

J

jdwhite21

Carlyee:

I'm not trying to be negative or anything but I am just warning you that a child may not help. I'm pregnant with my second child with my husband and we were denied because immigration believed it to be a marriage of convenience, at our interview the IO told us that a child doesn't mean anything.. which is ludicrous but don't count on it as saving you guys.. and we provided essentially the same evidence, it all comes down to the person you have processing your application. I wish you good luck and hopefully you guys will have no issues. I kind of wish someone had told me a child doesn't mean automatic approval, I never imagined that we would be denied. My advice is to get a lawyer, they know what immigration wants to hear. We will be using a lawyer our second time around at applying.

Anyways, good luck. Not trying to be a downer again, just realistic.
Jess.

carlyee

Oct 18, 2010
Thanks Jess,

We had to pick up some paperwork from my husbands lawyer yesterday and unfortunately she was not in until monday and I had wanted to ask her a few questions about the sponsorship application. I have sent it off and am going to keep my fingers crossed. All I can do is hope and pray that things will work out.

Thanks for your advice.

labish

Dec 16, 2010
Hey Carlyee! what happend with your case finally? we are in the same situation, but my hearing is tomorrow =S i would like to know how's it going for you guys.

hope everything went well!

saludos!