+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland application while being on implied status as visitor

QHF

Dec 13, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I currently have the status of visitor to Canada, while my spouse is a PR.

We have decided to submit an inland application for PR + OWP, and are waiting to receive some documents from my home country.

I have already applied to extend my stay as a visitor, as my status in Canada expires in a few days.

My query is, will submitting a PR application while being on implied status lead to any complication? Do I need to expedite my application so that it is received by CPC-M before my status changes to implied?

Also, would it be possible to change my status from OWP to Study Permit later if I wish to enrol in a course?

Thanks!

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Not an issue. You can apply for a study permit but if I were you I would wait until getting PR to avoid the hassle and avoid paying international tuition.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I currently have the status of visitor to Canada, while my spouse is a PR.

We have decided to submit an inland application for PR + OWP, and are waiting to receive some documents from my home country.

I have already applied to extend my stay as a visitor, as my status in Canada expires in a few days.

My query is, will submitting a PR application while being on implied status lead to any complication? Do I need to expedite my application so that it is received by CPC-M before my status changes to implied?

Also, would it be possible to change my status from OWP to Study Permit later if I wish to enrol in a course?

Thanks!
You should really wait for the documents before submitting your application. Your application will likely be sent back if not complete during intake.

QHF

Dec 13, 2017
@canuck78 Thank you for your reply.

No, it is not my intention to submit an incomplete application.

The thing is, I am likely to receive certain documents very close to the date my visitor status expires. So, should I attempt to rush in my application? I have already applied for an extension, so I should have implied status even if I do not.