+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland application returned due to missing doc after PGWP expired, Help!

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
Hi guys, I hope you can help me with this. I am in a similar situation now. I have already made the necessary changes to the form CIC required from me. I also changed my OWP application to add Restoration. However, upon completing my application, I came across this problem: How do I pay for the Restoration fee? I can't seem to find an option on the Online Payment service to only pay for that. I only found under Work Permit "Restore your status as a worker.. $355". I think I just need to pay $200 since CIC didn't process my returned application which I paid $255 for the work permit + open work permit holder fee previously. I found other options that's $200 but I don't want to make a mistake.

Elvi28

Nov 21, 2017
Hi guys, I hope you can help me with this. I am in a similar situation now. I have already made the necessary changes to the form CIC required from me. I also changed my OWP application to add Restoration. However, upon completing my application, I came across this problem: How do I pay for the Restoration fee? I can't seem to find an option on the Online Payment service to only pay for that. I only found under Work Permit "Restore your status as a worker.. $355". I think I just need to pay $200 since CIC didn't process my returned application which I paid $255 for the work permit + open work permit holder fee previously. I found other options that's $200 but I don't want to make a mistake.
Hi guys! I had to use an immigration lawyer for my process because I didn't want to make a mistake 2nd time.

So my lawyer said that I can't apply for restoration of status along with sponsorship application. The correct way he said is:

1)I have to apply for restoration of status (visitor visa)explaining the situation why i lost status

2)when I get my status restored then apply for sponsorship application along with owp application.

And if you don't want to wait till your status restored (now it's 90 days) after you submitted for restoration just resend all your corrected package with:
Open wp application, explanation letter, proof that you applied for restoration of status with receipt. This is what we are doing with my lawyer now.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Pay the $200 fee under "Restore your status as a visitor".

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys! I had to use an immigration lawyer for my process because I didn't want to make a mistake 2nd time.

So my lawyer said that I can't apply for restoration of status along with sponsorship application. The correct way he said is:

1)I have to apply for restoration of status (visitor visa)explaining the situation why i lost status

2)when I get my status restored then apply for sponsorship application along with owp application.

And if you don't want to wait till your status restored (now it's 90 days) after you submitted for restoration just resend all your corrected package with:
Open wp application, explanation letter, proof that you applied for restoration of status with receipt. This is what we are doing with my lawyer now.
Well, your lawyer is wrong. You can apply for Restoration when submitting the OWP with the inland app. Many people have successfully done this.

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Note that there isn't a seperate Restoration app. On the OWP app, for question 3, you select both "An initial work permit..." AND "Restoration...".
i am applying to restrore my status and apply for owp and spousal sponsorship. i came to canada as a visitor. can i do the same thing?

i_adrianes

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
perfect! thanks for the help!

hi once again @canuck_in_uk i just have one clarification question. i am paying fees today. when paying for the restoration and spouse owp; which fee do i select? restore your status as a visitor w/c is $200 or the one with restore your status as a worker $355? plus the $255 owp fee.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
hi once again @canuck_in_uk i just have one clarification question. i am paying fees today. when paying for the restoration and spouse owp; which fee do i select? restore your status as a visitor w/c is $200 or the one with restore your status as a worker $355? plus the $255 owp fee.
Restore as a worker for $355 plus the $100 Open Work Permit holder fee.