+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland application info needed

maria009

Aug 13, 2018
Help. My common law partner will come to canada as a visitor for 6 months (with a return ticket and approved eTA) We wish to do an inland application cause we dont want him to have to go for an interview outside of Canada. Can I apply for inland even if his status here is as a visitor? Can his status in Canada as a visitor/tourist also be considered the same as a temporary resident, or a person holding a temporary resident permit or visa? Wondering if submitting a full application kit to sponsor my common law partner together with an open work permit is enough for him to have legal status in Canada while our application is processed (lets say the process takes longer than 6 months), or, do we have to apply to extend his stay as a visitor before submitting the application to sponsor?
Also, was really wanting to apply for a study permit for him, as he doesnt speak english and think it would be just as beneficial to him, if not more, than a work permit. Can he apply for that as well in the same process?
Any help would be enlijghtening!

RJ8812

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
12/06/2018
AOR Received.
27/07/2018
LANDED..........
08-05-2018
Well...that's what my wife is doing, so I'm going to say yes. She's currently here on an eTA as a visitor for 6 months. I wouldn't say he would be considered the same as a temporary resident, or a person holding a temporary resident permit or visa. He would be considered a tourist. He would still need to apply for an extension on his eTA if his OWP isn't processed and approved by the time his eTA expires (his PR won't be processed yet either, as that takes about a year). You can definitely submit the application while he's on an eTA though

Once they begin to process your application, you gain Implied status

Not sure about your second question though

nurko23yum

Feb 26, 2017
App. Filed.......
27-10-2017
Doc's Request.
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
22-12-2017
Med's Request
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-05-2017
Hi there
Just before his 6 months visa expires usually a month before that he needs to extend his permit for another 6 months. I recommend online it costs 99CAD. It takes about 3 months to receive it.
Let me know if you need more info I have been going through all this recently and I know how confusing is