Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
cmandy said:
Hi Niseguy,
Usually when a file has been transferred to the local office -the local office will start to review the file and if there is any additional documents needed they will contact you to advise to send it in.Also this may be the office where you live close to so the time for an interview this office will contact you.Hope this help.
That may happen whilst applications are in progress, however, the OP has already cleared all the requirements and is being invited for a landing interview.

To the OP - congratulations! You will receive a letter from your local office setting a date / time for your interview (they may even call you) and you will attend the interview with your sponsor. They will check that you have paid the Right of Permanant Residency Fee (if you haven't your sponsor will be able to pay it then), they will ask you a few simple questions (e.g. have you ever been deported? have you ever been refused entry to Canada? have you got a criminal record?) and then ask you to initial in 3 places on the Certificate of Permanant Residency, check your eye colour, ask you about your dependants (if any) and then you sign in the green box and you become a Permanant Resident! You will need to take 2 photo's with you for your PR card too.

Hope you hear soon!

:D

niseguy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
thanx siouxie...... here is my timeline

We received your application for permanent residence on September xx, 2009.

We started processing your application on October x, 2009.

We transferred your application to the local CIC office on March 9, 2010. The local CIC office may contact you.

we received a letter on Monday saying file was transfered to Mississauga for further review. i didnt even get AIP.........WHAT DO U THINK OF THIS...PLZ ADVICE...

gentibiraci

Mar 14, 2010
cmandy said:
Hi gentibiraci,
Please advise what is in the letter when you rec'd it as I am in a similar situation,I am waiting for Decision made letter
Thanks you
Hey Bud, i got the letter today and basically all it says is that we're pleased to inform you that your application for spousal sponsorship has now been completed and the Windsor office will contact you regarding the permanent residence status.
The right to become a permanent residence requires a fee $490 and before you can be granted permant residence you're required to pay this fee. Please be prepared to pay this fee when you are scheduled to obtain your confirmation of permanent residence document.

This is what it says in a nutshell plus other formal stuff like if you have questions or change address and whatnot.

I'm happy but unsure as to how long will it take for the Windsor office to contact me. Anybody any ideas? Does this mean that my file will be transferred from Vegreville to Windsor?

Hope this helps. Thanks

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Siouxie said:
That may happen whilst applications are in progress, however, the OP has already cleared all the requirements and is being invited for a landing interview.

To the OP - congratulations! You will receive a letter from your local office setting a date / time for your interview (they may even call you) and you will attend the interview with your sponsor. They will check that you have paid the Right of Permanant Residency Fee (if you haven't your sponsor will be able to pay it then), they will ask you a few simple questions (e.g. have you ever been deported? have you ever been refused entry to Canada? have you got a criminal record?) and then ask you to initial in 3 places on the Certificate of Permanant Residency, check your eye colour, ask you about your dependants (if any) and then you sign in the green box and you become a Permanant Resident! You will need to take 2 photo's with you for your PR card too.

Hope you hear soon!

:D
I think you're only invited to a landing interview if you've received AIP, no?