+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Initial application documents(I am in the US applying at Buffalo)

Saladin

Jun 1, 2007
Hi all,

I have to say that this forum has been very helpful in answering my questions. I am about to send my application and a little confused if which documents to send in first when sending the 4 forms initially. I am not sure if I should send the 4 forms for skilled worker application and Work Experience letters as well?

I gues I am not sure what needs to be sent the very first time along with the application fee and what things are sent to CIC later in the process. If anyone could shed some light on this, I can send my application out on monday. I have all work experience letters ready, school transcripts, degree and e.t.c. I have been pretty confused in determining if I need to get the police certificates done right now and send it all along with the initial application.

Any guidelines on these are highly appreciated. Thanks

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
This is pretty much everything they could want for your initial assessment:

* IMM008 application (only 1 of these)
* IMM008 schedule 1 background declaration (principal applicant, spouse, & each 18 y/o accompanying)
* IMM008 schedule 3 economic classes (principal applicant)
* IMM5406 additional family information (principal applicant, spouse)
* proof of language ability (principal applicant, spouse)
* 4 pictures (principal applicant, spouse, & anyone accompanying)
* photocopies of all passport pages (principal applicant, spouse, & anyone accompanying)
* resume, reference letters, and other proof of relevant experience
* photocopies of degrees, diplomas, & transcripts
* photocopies of marriage certificate, divorce certificate, birth certificates
* government fees

Put everything together in a well-organized package, wait a little over a year,
throw in some stress from not hearing anything, and when they complete your
initial assessment, they'll ask for:

* interview (maybe)
* medical checkup(s)
* police clearance certificate(s)
* proof of funds
* landing fees
* passports

mwitamaarifa

Jun 7, 2007
I am not sure but i collected everything and send all together except medical exam
may be some experienced members can shed more light .

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
Police clearances are valid only for 6 months. Medical exams are valid only for 12 months. That's why you should wait to submit these until towards then end of the application process - so they don't expire if there's a delay.

CIC will send you a form for your medical exams as well as instructions for which doctors you can use. So don't worry that you haven't done that yet - they'll let you know what to do when the time comes.