+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information please

dirty_diana

Apr 17, 2010
Hi all,
I have a question, i home tutored in Vancouver about 3 yrs ago so i believe that falls under the NOC38 as 4131, do i have to tutor with the same subject or would it count as long as the job i get is educational based?
Thanks, DD.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi - good try, but no... private tutors (you don't say what level/type of eduction) have different NOC codes...

4126 - private tutor, "tutors who provide instruction in elementary or secondary school subjects."

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/ProfileKeyword.aspx?val=4&val1=4216&val11=tutor&val12=0&val13=0&val14=&val15=0&val16=0

4122 - tutor - post secondary

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/ProfileKeyword.aspx?val=4&val1=4122&val11=tutor&val12=0&val13=0&val14=&val15=0&val16=0

I don't know what you mean by the last part of your question... List of 38 (FSW1) is not dependent on a future job.

dirty_diana

Apr 17, 2010
Hi jes_ON,
Thank you for the infomation....
I tutored ABA (applied behaviour analysis) to a child in his home for a year, would i have to apply for a job as a ABA tutor or could i apply for any other kind of teaching job in Canada?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi - again, I don't understand the question. You can apply for any job you want. If you want a temporary work permit and later apply for immigration under the skilled worker program, it has to be a "skilled" position (NOC O, A, or B) - see the Left column of the matrix:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/html/Matrix.html

dirty_diana

Apr 17, 2010
Thanks jes_ON,
Sorry i'm not being very clear, i did an assessment and i was told that i had to have arranged employment so i assume i find work and then send in the forms (FSW)???
I read that it the job i get must be under the NOC38 and that i should have at least one yr's experience with it. I have that with ABA but i thought just in case i cannot get a job in ABA that as long as i'm tutoring be it ABA or something else it would count...however i have other concerns more important, since i have to put my partner on the application and prove that we are together, i'm hoping that won't be too hard since we have a daughter....
I appreciate the feedback, if you have anything else i should know please reply...
Kind regards,
DD

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
dirty_diana said:
Hi DD,

There are 3 categories of FSW, you've gotten them mixed up, they each have their own requirements, see here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Sorry i'm not being very clear, i did an assessment and i was told that i had to have arranged employment so i assume i find work and then send in the forms (FSW)???

Arranged employment is one type (FSW2). It has to be a skilled job (NOC O, A or B).

I read that it the job i get must be under the NOC38 and that i should have at least one yr's experience with it.

FSW1 - you automatically qualify if you have at least 1 year of experience in one of those 38 occupations...

I have that with ABA but i thought just in case i cannot get a job in ABA that as long as i'm tutoring be it ABA or something else it would count...

Now I know you're not teaching an elementary school kid "applied behavioral analysis." Do you mean you're a type of special ed teacher? What is your degree in?

however i have other concerns more important, since i have to put my partner on the application and prove that we are together, i'm hoping that won't be too hard since we have a daughter....

If you have been living together for at least a year, he can be on the application as a common-law partner. The documentation can be challenging, tho, so read up on it and start making any changes necessary...

Get your application info here, and remember its a long term process... CIC changes forms, information, rules, often wihout warning, so you ave to keep checking here for updates (the documents all have publication dates on them).
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
BW - if you haven't aready done so, use the "working in Canada" tool, it will help you with your NOC, credential questions, even shows available jobs at the end...
http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/fcro/welcome-eng.do

dirty_diana

Apr 17, 2010
Thank you so much jes_ON, i'm just at the moment putting things together and that alone is a challenge (with a 13 month baby!) lol. So i appreciate the advice, i didn't even know there were different types of FSW apps...I love Canada though and want to do this for my daughter to give her a better life.
I am at present still doing my BA, i was in Vancouver for a yr (in 2007) and i was empolyed as an ABA instructor (home environment, not school) i got trained in it that way. I don't know what that means for me as regards to qualifying....
I have been living with my partner for over a yr now but proving it is a problem since everything is in his name :(
Once again thank you so very much! :D

chayon.gb

Mar 6, 2010
Hi all.
I wish to inform you that I am a college teacher and applied for Permanent Residence in Canada twice: the first one Singapore visa office received on 19 August 2008 and the second one the CIU, Nova Scotia Canada received on 15 September 2009. I applied for the second time because the first application had some errors(though I sent e-mail by correcting the NOC code and they accepted the correction) and I did not get any response for a long time. The second application for PR in Canada was also provided with the same file no. Hence I knew from the online application status that my second time application underwent a complete check and a letter with additional information was sent to me on 18 November 2009. But unfortunately I have not received the letter from the CIU, Nova Scotia Canada. The letter is somehow missing. In the meantime, after checking my online application status, I began to prepare my necessary documents and on 14 march 2010 I sent all the necessary documents to the singapore visa office. But until today I did not receive even the acknowledgement letter. My online application status shows the privious status. can anybody help me or tell me what I should do?