+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Information please?

dirty_diana

Apr 17, 2010
Hi all,

I need some information and feel overwhelmed by all that's out there so i thought that this might be the option....
I'm from Ireland and i want to know if i applied for immigration to Canada, would it just apply to me or would i have to apply for my child too (who is one yr old)?
Also i am not married to my child's father but we live together, would he also have to apply separately?

I would be very grateful for any advice on how we could get there.

Thanks in advance.

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
You should include your child and your common-law partner in your application.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
dirty_diana said:
Hi all,

I need some information and feel overwhelmed by all that's out there so i thought that this might be the option....
I'm from Ireland and i want to know if i applied for immigration to Canada, would it just apply to me or would i have to apply for my child too (who is one yr old)?
Also i am not married to my child's father but we live together, would he also have to apply separately?

I would be very grateful for any advice on how we could get there.

Thanks in advance.
You would have to apply with your child and common law partner.

dirty_diana

Apr 17, 2010
Thanks, under what application...skilled worker???

I think i may have enough points just to get by but i don't know if my partner does : /

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dirty_diana said:
Thanks, under what application...skilled worker???

I think i may have enough points just to get by but i don't know if my partner does : /
1. Start you reading at www.cic.gc.ca
2. As a skilled worker do you qualify? I.e. do you have at least 1 years experience in list of "38" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/backgrounders/2008/2008-11-28a.asp If you don't then you don't qualify unless you have worked/studied in Canada or have a job offer in Canada.
3. He would not have to qualify in his own right if you are the principal applicant, he is included as a dependent the same as your child.

dirty_diana

Apr 17, 2010
Hi PMM,

Thanks for the information, i will have a look and find out if i qualify. I did work in Canada for a year myself (a few yrs ago) and i studied while i was there so i hope that counts....fingers crossed!