File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I spoke to th CBSA on the phone and I they confirmed I would have no issue at the border so I went this morning and activated my TRP by flagpoling. Went fine, have 2 year multi-entry TRP in hand now.

The only issue happened when I tried to apply for a work permit at the same time. The border officer said I couldn't get a work permit without a LMIA which is just.. untrue. He started getting really angry with me and asking me which stream was it I was applying through that gave me a work permit and what was the exemption code for the work permit, and reminding me how lucky I am to even be in the country in the first place... He was getting to angry so I just left it as I was getting quite upset but I have a job offer that won't wait 3 months for an online application. I am planning to go back to a different border during flagpoling hours on Monday and asking again.

Just in case I get a similar response, do you know what I should say? Is there a specific exemption code or something I need to be specific about?
Congratulations on getting the TRP.

I don't know what you should say if you run into issues again. Good luck on Monday.

DUIInsideCanada

Oct 21, 2017
Update - Went to the border again, a different one, and they said the same thing, but were MUCH nicer about it, extremely sympathetic to my situation which was the complete opposite of the last border experience. I didnt know the exemption code so i left again empty handed. I decided to apply online, and followed the CIC documentation on how to do so, and included a letter of explanation which included the code of the Work permit, which in case anyone else ever runs into this issue is: [R208(b) – H82]

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/humanitarian-reasons-r208.html

Hopefully an OWP comes through, and i dont have to spend the next 2 years out of work. Ill update on the status of the OWP if it comes through, or not, either way.

Reactions: Chairman951

Chairman951

May 29, 2023
Anyone have any updates? Also i am just about to apply for one, having been in Canada for 6 years, no prior criminal history, and still don't have one. My original offence was working unauthorized on a study permit(i was very immature and complacent ). I worked part time and schooled part time due to being a primary caretaker to my sister and her baby(who was born here)both have sickle cell disease, my nephews father figure left, and so i took up the mantle, and so i would have to interrupt my studies sometimes to take unauthorized breaks; which would lead to my second offence, to go stay in the hospital for some time until they both recovered.

i also worked as a dishwasher for 20hours and then at church in a volunteer role as a musician to help the family. I graduated with a degree from a public college in September 2022, and applied for a PGWP in the same month. In feb 2023, i got rejection letter stating that because of studying part time, i was not eligible for a PGWP, and that i had 90 days to restore my status. I then worked with an immigration consultant from a charity organization to help me apply to restore my status. I received a rejection letter months later, stating that my status in Canada had expired and i also had to leave Canada immediately or further action would be taken......after months of going to my MPs office to help me and looking for a new immigration consultant/lawyer to get a second opinion(as my first told me he was not experienced enough to handle the case), i found my current one, a RCIC, during this time, i also applied and got accepted into University of British Columbia, under the Masters of Science in Nursing program, and so fingers crossed, everything works out. I didnt mean to break any laws, but the reality is i did. i am still optimistic and i hope everyone here gets a positive decision on what they want!
Thats awesome! So happy for you!! Btw guys, just an update; i got my Acknowledgement of Receipt a few minutes ago! As a result, my application is now in the queue for review. I applied on March 11th, i am being processed at Edmonton.
Don't lose hope. Whatever happens.

Reactions: DUIInsideCanada

godsbabe

Dec 14, 2023
Hi I sent in my trp application on June 14 and it was received at the Edmonton processing center June 17th. I called IRCC to get application number but they said my application is not found in the system. How long does it take for the application to appear in the system? Should I send in a new application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I sent in my trp application on June 14 and it was received at the Edmonton processing center June 17th. I called IRCC to get application number but they said my application is not found in the system. How long does it take for the application to appear in the system? Should I send in a new application?
It can take 2-3 months. I would not send another application.

DUIInsideCanada

Oct 21, 2017

I just got AOR for my application sent to Edmonton. Received 16th April, AOR Aug 1st.

As i have received a TRP from another Outland application that is valid for 2 years, i will be withdrawing the application to Edmonton (inland subsequent TRP).

DUIInsideCanada

Oct 21, 2017
Does anyone know whether i can get a driving licence on a TRP? Mine is valid till mid 2026, i have a work permit application in process... but incase they refuse it, based on just the TRP alone, can i get a driving licence? I plan to remain in Canada for the duration of the TRP, get my pardon and apply for PR so im not leaving.

Its difficult being here unable to drive. I have a valid licence from another country, but i can only drive in Quebec for 6 months with it. Appreciate any advice or experiences!

Chairman951

May 29, 2023
I just got AOR for my application sent to Edmonton. Received 16th April, AOR Aug 1st.

As i have received a TRP from another Outland application that is valid for 2 years, i will be withdrawing the application to Edmonton (inland subsequent TRP).
Sorry for your outland application, how long did it take? Also i think once you're rehabilitated, you can drive, but check in with an immigration lawyer first....

DUIInsideCanada

Oct 21, 2017
Sorry for your outland application, how long did it take? Also i think once you're rehabilitated, you can drive, but check in with an immigration lawyer first....
Outland TRP application - London Visa Office.

Application Received: 3rd December 2021
Biometrics given: 31st March 2022
- Radio Silence -
Biometrics Validity letter: 18th June 2024
Application Approved : 18th June 2024

Multiple entry TRP granted, valid for 2 years.

Total time: 2 years, 6 months, 15 days

hs1999

May 25, 2023
Thats awesome! So happy for you!! Btw guys, just an update; i got my Acknowledgement of Receipt a few minutes ago! As a result, my application is now in the queue for review. I applied on March 11th, i am being processed at Edmonton.
Don't lose hope. Whatever happens.
Hi,
What is the update on yours? I applied for a TRP on August 2nd
Did you apply through a lawyer? How did you know about the AOR? Did you get the email or your lawyer?

Chairman951

May 29, 2023
Hi,
What is the update on yours? I applied for a TRP on August 2nd
Did you apply through a lawyer? How did you know about the AOR? Did you get the email or your lawyer?
Hi, oh there is no further update, i applied through a RCIC Immigration Consultant, its through e-mail communications with him that i get updates. Give it 3 or 4 months for an update.

hs1999

May 25, 2023
Hi, oh there is no further update, i applied through a RCIC Immigration Consultant, its through e-mail communications with him that i get updates. Give it 3 or 4 months for an update.
Do you know if with the AOR, can we extend work permit? Also, I sent you a DM