+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Info for Police report - URGENT

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
Hi,

I have worked in USA & currently I am working in India. I have applied for FBI report by filling forms mentioned on their site; it's bean 10 week & I have not got reply (I have mentioned address of our family friend in USA for correspondence). 120 days dead line is coming in last week of march, I am confused & would be thankful if you can share some advice on my doubts.

1. Since I have stayed (worked) in USA; FBI clearance certificate is needed. In worst case, if i do not get FBI certificate before end of 110-112 days; can I submit my all other documents (educational certificate, service certificate & other required documents)? Have anyone else faced this situation? Please guide if there is any option in this case.

2. I have submitted my Passport to passport office in India for police clearance certificate; I was mentioned that I will get my passport & report in 30 days. But till now (after 45 days of submission of passport), no one from police department have visited at our address. And status on passport site for my request is blank. When ever I contact over phone to know status, they say that they have sent file to police dept. and they know nothing as it is not in their hand
??? :-[ I do not want to loose my chances for PR because of police report issue. I have 4 weeks left for ending of 120 days..... Can you please guide what if I do not get police report on time ???????????????????????????????

Before submitting passport I photocopy all pages of it; is there any way if I can submit my rest of supporting documents; if I do not get above report before end of 120 days? Would immigration officer allow me to submit these report once I get it from respective offices.

***********************************************************************************************
If you are not prepared to submit full documentation to the Visa Office within 120 days do not apply now. Visa Offices are strictly enforcing the 120 day rule and will not provide extensions.”

Note: Once the 120 days has elapsed, a final eligibility of determination will be made based on the information on file. A negative determination of eligibility for processing is final and will result in the closure of your file. Documents must be submitted in a SINGLE package.
**************************************************************************************************

Seems I will loose everything if I do not get above reports on time ??? :-[

Have anyone else faced this problem??????????????

Kumar0919

Star Member
Feb 12, 2010
I submitted my full application to ND CHC without PCCs. And, I recently received request for medicals, PCCs, RPRF, PPT. etc. The problem is that this time around they have only given me 45 days to submit all the documents with medicals, and it's sometime difficult to obtain FBI clearance in 45 days. So, even though the application can be submitted without PCCs, but it just causes more problems and delays at a later stage.

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
For you (quick FBI process)
=====================
On FBI site they have mentioned that it takes 8-10 weeks and that's true until you write a letter for quick process & a note on envelop, while submitting the application for FBI PCC; this is mentioned on cover letter (I note it today).

For me
=====
I am bit relaxed to see that I can submit without PCC (if i do not get it before end of 120 days). Thanks a lot for replying.
Kumar0919 said:
I submitted my full application to ND CHC without PCCs. And, I recently received request for medicals, PCCs, RPRF, PPT. etc.
I hope medical won't take time (& possible in 45 days).... Can you please say what is RPRF & PPT ?

venkanat

Jan 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 7th 2011
As per our experience, my wife submitted police clearence certificate after the application sent with in 120 days. She sent all the documents before she get the police clearence certificate and then she sent right away after she recieved. But she is in canada. And she applied to buffalo...I am not sure where you file sent to.

And once you sent the documents they will say "Recieved application by visa office" and then when they start the process they will ask for police clearence certificates. So you will be having some time from application sent to starting the process. So i guess you can send the application kit first.

Hiprashant

Oct 16, 2009
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi POOJA,

Don't worry there are a lot of cases like yours and have got safe land.
One of my friend had almost your like situation , What I would like to advise you is,

1.Just apply for FBI, and keep an attested copy of the receipt that you have applied for FBI Clerance together with other documents which will formally inform to the concerned visa officer that delay is not your fault( you know visa officers are familiar FBI processing time)

2. you can do the same in the case of PCC too.

pls don't forget to write a cover letter informing that you are in the process of getting FBI Clearance and PCC and you will forward the same as soon as you receive it.

For rurther doubts come in email conversation as haiprashant99@yahoo.com.
best of luck, ( I have just sent full application on 19th Feb 2010)

WHY TO MISS 120 Days TIME LINE.......an oppertunity..
rgds,
Prashant

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pooja123 said:
Seems I will loose everything if I do not get above reports on time ??? :-[
Have anyone else faced this problem??????????????
Please look at the thread
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t34820.0.html

You can apply without PCC as some people have done, but explain that you are not submitting PCC now and will submit it along with Medical and Passport request as you have not heard from FBI and your time line is fast approaching

Looking at forum you will get only 45 days when you get the PPT request along with PCC request. SO send your application when only 6-8 days are left in deadline. That ways you ensure you get more time for PCCs

Also for Indian PCC, there are other ways to get it fast. Contact the head clerk in you SP office and you can get it in one week max provided this guy is happy, I hope you understand what I mean

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
pooja123 said:
can someone pls. says what is RPRF & PPT ?
RPRF: Right of Permanent Residence Fees.
PPT !: Colloquial Term for Passports [also Pps, pp et all].

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
i am not able to post new post.

I am getting following error

"Method Not Implemented
POST to /canada-immigration-discussion-board/index.php not supported."