+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC required?

karthik867

Mar 18, 2019
Hi, I have been working in US since 2008, and I have made few trips to India every year since then , I submitted my profile and got picked up in the lottery , upon filling out the forms, It does not ask me for an Indian PCC ( Only FBI PCC is shown ). Do i need to mention my travels to India somewhere, as I did not include this anywhere. Is that the reason I am not being shown the requirement for Indian PCC?

Also In the personal history section, it is only asking for travels outside of my residence ( US ) or home country ( India ) , and in the address history section, i have only provided US residence address from the last 10 years. Please let me know if Indian PCC is not required for people who have been living in US for more than 10 years and only make occasional trips to India. Thanks in advance for the help

Reactions: TechFalcon

TechFalcon

Nov 10, 2018
Karthik as per the instructions, if you have stayed in India over 6 months during any visit in the last 10 years alone will make you eligible for Indian PCC requirement. But the officer can request one at a later stage of your application processing. In case if you have an Indian embassy or outpost near you, you could consider getting one and submitting upfront.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row
After you apply, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old.

sharathsam

Aug 11, 2017
Thanks TechFalcon, is it 6 months or more at a time, or 6 months cumulatively over the last 10 years?
Karthik, I was also in a similar situation and I only submitted my FBI Cert in its place holder and did not worry about the Indian PCC. But I did specify my travel history that included trips to India and back to USA.

Sabeen99

Jun 14, 2018
Karthik, I was also in a similar situation and I only submitted my FBI Cert in its place holder and did not worry about the Indian PCC. But I did specify my travel history that included trips to India and back to USA.
Were you asked to submit Indian PCC later on by officer ?

karthik867

Mar 18, 2019
Where did you specify your india trips? in the personal history section ? But that only asks for trips made outside of the residence country or home country.

sharathsam

Aug 11, 2017
Where did you specify your india trips? in the personal history section ? But that only asks for trips made outside of the residence country or home country.
I dont recall exactly, but I think it was in the personal history section. I specified regardless of the condition, as I did not have any other trips.