+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC from Washington embassy

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
Hi,

I didn't receive any call from the embassy to check about the country I am applying for. So I tried calling them several times, but no one is answering the call.

It has been almost a week since they received my passport, Could anyone please let me know if I need to wait longer to receive a call from them. ?

As of now I am totally unaware of the status.

Thank you.
Hi ,

Did you get any response
I am planning to apply for PCC Dec 1st week. Please share your experience.

nihalp

Jan 4, 2019
hi all,

I got my PCC from Washington DC consulate. However my PCC mentions "there is no adverse information which would render her ineligible for the grant of travel facilities including visa for 'USA'" instead of mentioning Canada. I checked with the consulate staff and they said its their standard format. Is this acceptable? Is anyone else in the same boat wherein CIC accepted their PCC with similar content.
Hi,
Sorry to dig up an old post. I’m in a similar situation as you were here. My PCC says “....travel facilities including visa for India” instead of saying Canada. I was wondering how you went about this and if there were any issues you encountered. Thanks for any help!

rhea@24

Jun 3, 2019
Hello,

My passport was issued from India so do I need to send in the money order of $40 for police clearance at Washington DC embassy?

kiran0553

Jun 12, 2019
I just wanted to share my experience. I live 3 hours away from DC. I opted to get my Indian PCC by post, here is what I did
1) Went to Indianembassy in DC website, downloaded the miscellaneous attestation form and filled it selecting PCC (duh!)
2) Took photocopies of passport front, back, visa page for me and my wife. Driver's license, i94 along with copy of i797 (for my wife's H4 to F1)
3) Went to BankofAmerica, and got 4 Cashier's cheques made. two for $40 with memo as <our name + PCC> and two for $2 as <our name + ICWF> (BofA didn't notarize the documents stating some clause since they are FDIC insured, they cannot notarize passports and such)
4) Went to a UPS store and got all the photocopies notarized. We self attested the photocopies in their presence and they notarized it.
5) Put everything in with our passports and a return envelope and sent it to them.

Timeline: Package sent 10/25 (wed), Package delivered 10/26 (thu). Got a call from Embassy on 10/30 (mon) asking the country for which this PCC will be used. Got our PCC + Passport back on 11/1(Wed).

Turnaround time of less than 1 calendar week. Pretty impressed with Washington DC - Embassy of India.
What was the place of issue of your passport? is it India or washington DC?

kb1206

Jul 6, 2019
Hi, bumping this thread because I received my ITA today and had a few clarifications regarding the Indian PCC. So I recently moved to Bethesda, MD, so, my embassy of choice would be DC. I do have a state ID, however, that was issued in Chicago, IL. Would this work at the embassy? I ask because I do not currently posses any other proof of residence at Bethesda apart from a USPS change of address mail.

_ladyj

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
My experience Dec 28th 2018 Washington DC ( please ensure you are going to the correct embassy depending on where you reside. For example, my wife lives in Philadelphia she had to visit NYC )

Reached at around 9.15 am. Public parking is a mile away. I was probably 7th or 8th in the queue. Around 10 am I was at the counter. Don't forget to carry exact change. I received letter around 12 30 pm same day. I received a letter with exact verbiage as mentioned by above user.
Hi, can I ask where did you park? What was the name of parking lot? I have to go tomorrow and hope to park nearby. Thanks a lot.

kb1206

Jul 6, 2019
Hi, can I ask where did you park? What was the name of parking lot? I have to go tomorrow and hope to park nearby. Thanks a lot.
Normally I would say consider public transport. However, with the coronavirus threat, maybe you can use waze once you're close to the consulate to look for parking.

crky89

Jun 13, 2020
Hello,

Can someone help me in answering below my questions?

1. Can I send two PCC Application forms in a single envelope?
2. If I'm sending my passport and the application forms, do I need to include the return 'envelope' as well? Will there be any problem if I include just the Return shipping label?
3. Is it mandatory to get the passport photocopies and the address proof notarized for PCC?
3. What is the current processing time to send the PCC and the passports back?

Thank you