+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian passport surrender

virtwo

May 18, 2020
How are you able to submit SC application without Canadian passport?
In BLS they have always asked for Canadian passport..
i added a self- declaration that I have not applied for passport yet, and so am not providing the same. They saw that and did not ask for passport.

Reactions: desmat

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
i added a self- declaration that I have not applied for passport yet, and so am not providing the same. They saw that and did not ask for passport.
Perhaps this worked in Vancouver bls/consulate.. But in GTA area bls they are not accepting it saying they got new instructions from consulate.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi Members,

I opted for the postal application to surrender my Indian passport. Purolator collected my documents/package on 9-Jan-2024 and it was delivered on 10-Jan-2024. However, even as of today the status on BLS is showing "No records found". Is this normal? When can i expect progress on my file?
Yea they said the same thing to me when i called them last friday. I guess still a wait and watch scenario. Shocks me that it take 2-3 weeks to open a package and confirm the documentation
Ok thanks. I called them today and they just say no updates on their end other than it was delivered by purolator and to wait for few more days.
Any update guys?
Or did you check with bls again?

virtwo

May 18, 2020
Perhaps this worked in Vancouver bls/consulate.. But in GTA area bls they are not accepting it saying they got new instructions from consulate.
Maybe they want to verify Canadian citizenship through Passport because they don't trust citizenship electronic certificates. No way for them to verify if it's real or not.

End of the day, we have to do so whatever they ask. Just adds to the time.

If it helps CGI Vancouver mentions "Copy of Canadian passport, if held" on https://cgivancouver.gov.in/pages/NjI0.

nishant872

Star Member
May 28, 2018
applying for spouse SC application. In Spouse's Indian Passport, spouse field is blank but married. So while filling up the SC form online, should I input spouse name? and attach copy of CAD passport?

tycoon18

Jan 8, 2014
Any update guys?
Still no update. Called BLS again and they opened a ticket for brampton location to respond and update the status. They said it will take 2-3 business days for them to resolve the ticket so lets see.

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
Any update guys?
Hi

I called and asked the agent about my status. He confirmed that it is now under processing. I can now also track it in the BLS toronto tracking page. Not sure if under processing means that they have confirmed all my documents are correct? Maybe under process itself means they confirming my documents are correct or not

SSK1993

Star Member
Feb 10, 2021
You are lucky, Still cannot track mine. Hope they didn't lose it.
Certainly one can think given such service. But I am sure they have it but haven't opened it. Was the agent confirming that it has atleast been received at the location and just hasn't been opened yet?

tycoon18

Jan 8, 2014
Certainly one can think given such service. But I am sure they have it but haven't opened it. Was the agent confirming that it has atleast been received at the location and just hasn't been opened yet?
Yah he confirmed it was received but my guess is he was just saying by looking at the purolator tracking.