+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport Renewal from BLS Toronto

greenbeefly

Apr 11, 2022
April's fool has ended. They should just print it lol

I'd have to reapply for my transit application . The last date to send passport is on 18th.
Did you get your passport?

I'd have to reapply for my transit application . The last date to send passport is on 18th.
Did you get your passport? On the portal it says "print has been initiated" and there has been no update ever since. My flight is on 26th :\

sanjeevramniwas

Apr 9, 2018
Hello, I sent my documents on Feb 22, 2022 and doc's were delivered on Feb 24th but on BLS tracking application date shows March 1st. However, I still didn't get my cat number. It's almost a month. Anyone else in this situation. What should I do? How do I contact them?
BLS status- processing at consulate
Portal 3 passport status- passport application with fee has been received and currently processing at embassy.
No update after that. I tried inspect element but no update yet other than shown above.
Hi, any update?

sanjeevramniwas

Apr 9, 2018
Does this mean the status is "Initiated"? And Hopefully it will be changed to "printed" in a day.
  1. StatusId: [,…]
    1. 0: {EVENT_DESC: "OTHER ADDRESS is updated and PV request CAT074613823522-PPF-PA is initiated on it. ",…}
    2. 1: {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "PV Initiated", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1794560151,…}
    3. 2: {EVENT_DESC: "Granting Status Set as 'Clear'", EMP_ACTION: "Clear", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1794560149,…}
    4. 3: {EVENT_DESC: "", EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1794191155,…}
    5. 4: {EVENT_DESC: null, EMP_ACTION: "Application Form Submitted", STATUS_TRACKING_PK: 1794191153,…}
Hi, can you please help on how to check the status in developer mode? I saw one person explained it in detail on page 92 but I am not even able to start the developer mode since on the portal for pssport india link (https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html) once you click on “Track status” it opens a new pop-up window (where you enter your application number and date of birth) and not a page. Hence there is no option to right click here and start developer mode.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Hi, can you please help on how to check the status in developer mode? I saw one person explained it in detail on page 92 but I am not even able to start the developer mode since on the portal for pssport india link (https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html) once you click on “Track status” it opens a new pop-up window (where you enter your application number and date of birth) and not a page. Hence there is no option to right click here and start developer mode.
Go to the portal link (https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html) on your browser. On the Chrome browser, press Ctrl+Shift+I (Windows computer) to open Developer tools. You can find the keyboard shortcut for your respective browser and operating system from a google search. Switch to the Network tab in the developer tools and try tracking your status. You should see the trackStatusForFileNoNew network call. Click on trackStatusForFileNoNew, then switch to the Preview tab in the result to see your data neatly displayed.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Hey guys, I am just starting out to apply for renewal. I was refering this BLS checklist. https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/Toronto-Passport-Re-Issue-Checklist-Rev-SEP-13-2021.pdf

It has no mention of any "PERSONAL PARTICULARS FORM" to be filled. Do I still have to fill this out?

Do I have fill out change of appearance form as well? My friend who renewed in US had to fill this out for normal renewal.
No need to fill out the PERSONAL PARTICULARS FORM.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Go to the portal link (https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html) on your browser. On the Chrome browser, press Ctrl+Shift+I (Windows computer) to open Developer tools. You can find the keyboard shortcut for your respective browser and operating system from a google search. Switch to the Network tab in the developer tools and try tracking your status. You should see the trackStatusForFileNoNew network call. Click on trackStatusForFileNoNew, then switch to the Preview tab in the result to see your data neatly displayed.
Thank you so much!

I followed it to check status of my minor son's application. Below are main points:

APP_SUB_DATE: "2022-04-12 (it is date on which message changed to "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate." )
IS_PBO_FLAG: "Y"
fileIsPCC: "false"
isPCCCase: null
resultStatus: "PASS"
EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go" (Under StatusID 0)
STATUS_DESC: "Granting Initiated" (Under StatusID 0)

Does this mean that Police Verification is not required for renewal of passport for minor?

Reactions: santzapaul

rp12343

Sep 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone
I am a pr holder indian citizen with valid us visa.
I am planning on renewing my passport. Looking at the processing time on bls is 8 weeks.
My question is can i travel to USA for a week in june if the passport is expiring in November and then renew it or it should have 6 months of validity ?

greenbeefly

Apr 11, 2022

Status updated "passport has been printed" Juts hoping that it get's delivered before 26th April! I hope this helps you.

Reactions: mnint

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Thank you so much!

I followed it to check status of my minor son's application. Below are main points:

APP_SUB_DATE: "2022-04-12 (it is date on which message changed to "Passport application is under review at Indian Embassy/Consulate." )
IS_PBO_FLAG: "Y"
fileIsPCC: "false"
isPCCCase: null
resultStatus: "PASS"
EMP_ACTION: "Sent To Go" (Under StatusID 0)
STATUS_DESC: "Granting Initiated" (Under StatusID 0)

Does this mean that Police Verification is not required for renewal of passport for minor?
I don't know if police verification will be done for minor child's passport renewal.

The next update with "EVENT_DESC": "Granting Status Set as 'Clear'", will let you know whether police verification is going to be done. The same update will have "STATUS_DESC": "Application Granted on No/Pre/Post verification basis".
No verification basis - No police verification for passport issue
Pre verification basis - Police verification will be done before passport is issued
Post verification basis - Police verification will be done after passport is issued (Usually in case of Tatkaal applications)

See https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/onlineHtml/pvrModeDetails.html for more details.

Reactions: softwaretesting

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know if police verification will be done for minor child's passport renewal.

The next update with "EVENT_DESC": "Granting Status Set as 'Clear'", will let you know whether police verification is going to be done. The same update will have "STATUS_DESC": "Application Granted on No/Pre/Post verification basis".
No verification basis - No police verification for passport issue
Pre verification basis - Police verification will be done before passport is issued
Post verification basis - Police verification will be done after passport is issued (Usually in case of Tatkaal applications)

See https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/onlineHtml/pvrModeDetails.html for more details.
Thanks

Got next update. Pre-Verification is needed for my younger son & No Verification for elder one.

Reactions: santzapaul

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know what is ongoing bribe rate to policeman these days when he comes for police verification?

karan321

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
Hi All,

I'm applying for my indian passport Re-issue. my passport due to expire in mid June 2023. i have few questions regarding the re-issue process.

I have few grounds I can apply for renewal or reissue of my passport. those are stated below: -
a) passport is half damaged! (booklet is getting torn away form cover).
b) registering spouse name on passport.
c) due to expire passport.

So, my questions are: -

1) i can only apply for reissue within one year of expiry of my passport. so if i apply now on this basis my application can be returned!? my passport expiry is June 2023. if apply after June 2022 i will be valid for reissue but now until june 2022 if i apply they might return application?
2) if i apply for renew now on Damaged and/or spouse basis right now? they just give me same passport containing existing passport no. and validity which is June 2023?

If anyone have information regarding this please help!