+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian Passport renewal for canadian resident

swapnilforcat

Aug 28, 2016
Hello,

I am travelling to India on Dec 8th, 2021 and my Indian passport expires on March 30, 2022. I know I can travel to India, but does anyone know if I can come back to Canada if the validity is less than 6 months? I can come back to Canada and renew my passport.

I can also think of renewing my passport while in India, but my confusion is with filling out the application form. My present address would be my Indian home address and my permanent address would be a Canadian address. So will they do police verification on my Canadian address or present address only? Depending on how long this takes I might be stuck in India. Also, do they do Police verification for passport renewal cases where the passport is not expired yet?

Please provide any information regarding this.

Thank you.

Gourav7

Sep 4, 2024
Hey, were you able to travel to india and come back with less than 6 months of expiry on your passport, and were you on pr or trv?

Hello,

I am travelling to India on Dec 8th, 2021 and my Indian passport expires on March 30, 2022. I know I can travel to India, but does anyone know if I can come back to Canada if the validity is less than 6 months? I can come back to Canada and renew my passport.

I can also think of renewing my passport while in India, but my confusion is with filling out the application form. My present address would be my Indian home address and my permanent address would be a Canadian address. So will they do police verification on my Canadian address or present address only? Depending on how long this takes I might be stuck in India. Also, do they do Police verification for passport renewal cases where the passport is not expired yet?

Please provide any information regarding this.

Thank you.