+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

India PCC from Toronto

vijayb104

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
I think lockdown has made the things very slow and difficult, if you don't get your PCC by this month-end, submit your documents without PCC by attaching the LOE in Police certificate - India section.
This is what I did.
Thanks, I am sorry what is LOE?

vijayb104

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Where do you get these breakdown of status. I have searched in the Pass Portal India and getting the below Status since long time.

I have got an email on Jul 24, Police Verification Request has been sent to the Police department .

Current Status in Portal since then, PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra

Please help if I'm missing something here.
SOmeone needs to reach out to your local police station to complete the verification. They will hardly take initiative for that. Mine has been struck at same status from 23rd July irrespective of multiple follow ups with local station its still in same status.

Rahul024

Star Member
Jul 28, 2020
I also have my PCC stuck in status 'PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra' since couple of weeks.

Can anyone who has faced this issue please guide, on what should we do to expedite it?

rajneesh.k

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
Where do you get these breakdown of status. I have searched in the Pass Portal India and getting the below Status since long time.

I have got an email on Jul 24, Police Verification Request has been sent to the Police department .

Current Status in Portal since then, PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra

Please help if I'm missing something here.
You have to check with the Local Police station if they have given their report or not. We had a locked house so asked a neighbor to reach out to Police station if possible. In Mohali, there is a Sanjh Kendra which takes care of Passport related verification. They visited my neighbor's house and asked for my ID & address proof and signatures from 2 witness.

Once the police completed the verification, the status remained the same for another week. I reached out to the CGI Toronto (pcc.toronto@mea.gov.in,
cons.toronto@mea.gov.in) and explained my urgency. They checked and updated the status of the PCC and handed it over to BLS.

My application submission deadline is 14th and I got my PCC only Yesterday.

You need to follow up with Police station. Once the verification is complete, you also follow up with the CGI office in Toronto. They replied to my mail with the update.

Reactions: Rahul024

rajneesh.k

Star Member
Jan 9, 2020
You have to check with the Local Police station if they have given their report or not. We had a locked house so asked a neighbor to reach out to Police station if possible. In Mohali, there is a Sanjh Kendra which takes care of Passport related verification. They visited my neighbor's house and asked for my ID & address proof and signatures from 2 witness.

Once the police completed the verification, the status remained the same for another week. I reached out to the CGI Toronto (pcc.toronto@mea.gov.in,
cons.toronto@mea.gov.in) and explained my urgency. They checked and updated the status of the PCC and handed it over to BLS.

My application submission deadline is 14th and I got my PCC only Yesterday.

You need to follow up with Police station. Once the verification is complete, you also follow up with the CGI office in Toronto. They replied to my mail with the update.
Here is my timeline -

S. NoActivityDateDayComments
1​
Applied
19-Jun-20​
0​
2​
Received by BLS Brampton
22-Jun-20​
3​
3​
Acknowledged by BLS
16-Jul-20​
27​
After multiple followups
4​
Forwarded to CGI
21-Jul-20​
32​
5​
Forwarded to India
29-Jul-20​
40​
After followup with CGI
6​
Police Verification Completed
31-Jul-20​
42​
Followup with SP office in India
7​
PCC Printed
7-Aug-20​
49​
Followup with CGI Toronto
8​
PCC intransit to bls from consulate
7-Aug-20​
49​
9​
PCC ready for dispatch
8-Aug-20​
50​
10​
PCC ready for dispatch with airway bill no
10-Aug-20​
52​
Followup with BLS
11​
PCC recieved
11-Aug-20​
53​

NL75

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
Guys its early frustrating to get a simple piece of document, even after 2 months process is not moving ahead -

Application sent to BLS Brampton - 16-June
Received at BLS - 17-June
Sent to Consulate - 10-July
Processing at Consulate - 13-July
Submitted to Passport Seva Kendra - 18-July
Poilce verification initiated -23 July

my brother has been continuously following up with local police station from 23rd July and they confirm every time its done from their side. Yet the status is still showing 'PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra.' on the portal.

Its really frustrating, I have to submit my ITA application by 10th September and have lost all hope of getting the PCC.

Does anyone have any idea what can be done is this scenario to get the Police verification completed. Would really appreciate any guidance here.
There are 2 levels of Police verification.

1. First level is Police station under which your current residence come. They will take and verify all the details. In case you stayed in more than one Police Station Jurisdiction in last 10 years (may be less, i am not sure here) then all these police station needs to clear your application.

2. Police Commissioner office: After completing police reports, All of the Police station in-charge will send reports to Commissioner office of your area. Based on local police station feedback, Police Commissioner office needs to approve your application. This is the final approval. Check with them if Police station has approved and cleared your applications. Once they will approve status will immediately change in Passport Seva

Consulate mail which has confirmation of your PCC application number, shows Name of Police commissioner office and police station both. Check that mail and contact Police Head office if local station cleared your report.

Last edited:

trianglepops

Aug 12, 2020
I have a strange situation. My passport was published in Bangalore and my residence WAS Bangalore when I was in India. My parents have since moved to Delhi. In the application, I mentioned Delhi as my residence. Will this affect anything? Will the police need to do the verification in both Delhi and Bangalore? Im afraid, my parents can't travel to Bangalore right now just for this, given the COVID circumstances :(

paras.paras

Aug 12, 2020
Here is my timeline -

S. NoActivityDateDayComments
1​
Applied
19-Jun-20​
0​
2​
Received by BLS Brampton
22-Jun-20​
3​
3​
Acknowledged by BLS
16-Jul-20​
27​
After multiple followups
4​
Forwarded to CGI
21-Jul-20​
32​
5​
Forwarded to India
29-Jul-20​
40​
After followup with CGI
6​
Police Verification Completed
31-Jul-20​
42​
Followup with SP office in India
7​
PCC Printed
7-Aug-20​
49​
Followup with CGI Toronto
8​
PCC intransit to bls from consulate
7-Aug-20​
49​
9​
PCC ready for dispatch
8-Aug-20​
50​
10​
PCC ready for dispatch with airway bill no
10-Aug-20​
52​
Followup with BLS
11​
PCC recieved
11-Aug-20​
53​

Hope this would help you all, This is my timeline for PCC. I applied at BLS Brampton in person.

S. NoActivityDateComments
1Applied at BLS BRAMPTON25-July-20Don't Call them its waste of time, Simply do Walk in application. If you call them then, they will force you to do postal application and would give incorrect info that, sir right now we are not accepting walk-ins and you have to submit application through postal mode only and they will force you to buy Courier drop off label right away .
2Received by BLS Brampton25-July-20
4Forwarded to CGI27-Jul-20
5Forwarded to IndiaDon't know as i didn't tracked on Passport Seva tracking.
6Application received at Indian Passport Office31-Jul-20(as per Passport Seva tracking)
7PCC initiated1-Aug-20( Email from Passport Admin)
8Police Verification doneDon't know when they did. Also, I asked my parents, they said no one came to the home for verification.
9PCC needs to be collected from the Regional Passport Office8-Aug-20(as per Passport Seva tracking)
10PCC has been granted13-Aug-20(as per Passport Seva tracking)
11PCC has been printedStill waiting...............

Reactions: canpr2020

pzzz23

Jun 15, 2020
Hi - I did a walk-in at BLS Brampton for PCC. Upon returning when I checked my status it showed no records found with my passport number, later when I used my dob I was able to pull it up.

Seems the agent at BLS entered an incorrect passport number for me and the same is also printed on my acknowledgement receipt which I just checked.

The application form, however, has the correct number. Will there be any problem? Should I be concerned or contact anyone for the correction? The status already shows: In Transit from BLS Centre to Consulate General.

Thanks in advance!

prasnag

Jun 24, 2020
My application was sent to BLS on 25-Jun. From the 22-Jul, the status on the website only says Processing at Consulate General. Police verification was done back in India. But none of this is reflecting on the website till now. Do I need to write to them. ?

AkanshGandhi

Jul 17, 2020
My application was sent to BLS on 25-Jun. From the 22-Jul, the status on the website only says Processing at Consulate General. Police verification was done back in India. But none of this is reflecting on the website till now. Do I need to write to them. ?
Check you status on the PSK web site https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew

Use the file number they provided you in the email but use lower case cat*****. You should be able to track your status there.

If you didn't get the PCC initiation email, you can get the file number by logging on https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html

Hope this helps :)

Gaurav.Projekt

May 7, 2020
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2020
AOR Received.
28-08-2020
Med's Done....
19-10-2020
Passport Req..
NA
My current status : PCC has been printed successfully on 13/08/2020.

And updated timeline:
June 29 - application sent to BLS Brampton Canada through Canada Post (along with Canada Post prepaid return envelope)
Jul 2 - delivered but not updated on BLS online tracking
Jul 15 - Received & acknowledged by BLS Canada and asked me to pay Purolator return envelope fee (didn't accept Canada Post return envelope)
Jul 16 - Forwarded to CGI and Status updated as "Processing at Consulate General" on BLS Canada status tracking
Jul 21 - Application received at PSK India and status updated as "
PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra" on PSK India site
Jul 23 - Email from passport admin "Initiation of Police Verification Request(s) for your PCC Application File (No. CATxxxxxxxxx)"
Jul 28 - Police verification done at local Police Dept. (Mumbai)
Aug 7 - Status changed to "PCC needs to be collected from RPO" on PSK India site
Aug 12 - Status changed to "PCC application has been granted on 12/08/2020. PCC will be dispatched to the current address of the applicant. The applicant would receive an SMS once the PCC is ready for dispatch." on PSK India site.
Aug 13 - Status changed to “Police Clearance Certificate has been printed successfully on 13/08/2020 and will be dispatched to your current address.”

Track your PCC status on BLS Canada site (Postal/Walk-in application/Passport) -
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php

PCC file number will be generated on PSK Indian embassy website where you have created your PCC application.
link -
https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html

Once you see your PCC file number which starts form "catxxxxxxxxxxx" (use lower case) you can track your status on PSK India site.
link -
https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
My current status : PCC has been printed successfully on 13/08/2020.

And updated timeline:
June 29 - application sent to BLS Brampton Canada through Canada Post (along with Canada Post prepaid return envelope)
Jul 2 - delivered but not updated on BLS online tracking
Jul 15 - Received & acknowledged by BLS Canada and asked me to pay Purolator return envelope fee (didn't accept Canada Post return envelope)
Jul 16 - Forwarded to CGI and Status updated as "Processing at Consulate General" on BLS Canada status tracking
Jul 21 - Application received at PSK India and status updated as "
PCC application is under review at Passport Seva Kendra" on PSK India site
Jul 23 - Email from passport admin "Initiation of Police Verification Request(s) for your PCC Application File (No. CATxxxxxxxxx)"
Jul 28 - Police verification done at local Police Dept. (Mumbai)
Aug 7 - Status changed to "PCC needs to be collected from RPO" on PSK India site
Aug 12 - Status changed to "PCC application has been granted on 12/08/2020. PCC will be dispatched to the current address of the applicant. The applicant would receive an SMS once the PCC is ready for dispatch." on PSK India site.
Aug 13 - Status changed to “Police Clearance Certificate has been printed successfully on 13/08/2020 and will be dispatched to your current address.”

Track your PCC status on BLS Canada site (Postal/Walk-in application/Passport) -
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/trackapp.php

PCC file number will be generated on PSK Indian embassy website where you have created your PCC application.
link -
https://portal4.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html

Once you see your PCC file number which starts form "catxxxxxxxxxxx" (use lower case) you can track your status on PSK India site.
link -
https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/statusTracker/trackStatusInpNew
Congratulations Gaurav! You will get it by tomorrow.
(Don't know if you remember me but we have been going about these forums from Ray of Hope to now PCC!!)

Reactions: Gaurav.Projekt

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
Hey guys! Did BLS make everyone write in their application: PCC Purpose: Immigration Purposes other than citizenship. ?
Thanks in advance for your reply!