+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorrect score on ITA

gur1122

Jul 27, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
That reason isn't good enough to decline the ITA. Saying Yes to that question makes no difference to your application. You can change that answer to No in your post ITA profile without any repercussions.

Don't bother declining the ITA on these grounds.
Hi Asivad,

I understand that, but the other mistake I made in the same section is for the question :DOED YOUR CURRENT JOB/NOC CODE IS NAMED ON YOUR EMPLOYER" I answered yes and wrote NOC:2172 for the NOC, to that question, however my work permit is open and I can work for any employer. Do you think it would be okay just to say NO to the answer and not bother about the following questions? please suggest!! thanks

gur1122

Jul 27, 2015
gur1122 said:
Hi Asivad,

I understand that, but the other mistake I made in the same section is for the question :DOES YOUR CURRENT WORK PERMIT (JOB/NOC CODE) IS NAMED ON YOUR EMPLOYER" I answered yes and wrote NOC:2172 for the NOC, to that question, however my work permit is open and I can work for any employer. Do you think it would be okay just to say NO to the answer and not bother about the following questions? please suggest!! thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gur1122 said:
Hi Asivad,

I understand that, but the other mistake I made in the same section is for the question :DOED YOUR CURRENT JOB/NOC CODE IS NAMED ON YOUR EMPLOYER" I answered yes and wrote NOC:2172 for the NOC, to that question, however my work permit is open and I can work for any employer. Do you think it would be okay just to say NO to the answer and not bother about the following questions? please suggest!! thanks
Answering either Yes or No to this clearly won't make any difference to your CRS so just be truthful while answering this question and I'm not sure if No is the truthful answer here. What are the following questions if you answer Yes?

gur1122

Jul 27, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Answering either Yes or No to this clearly won't make any difference to your CRS so just be truthful while answering this question and I'm not sure if No is the truthful answer here. What are the following questions if you answer Yes?
Hi Asivad,
here is the list of following question if I answer yes to the job offer:

1. was positive LMIA issued for this job offer: NO
2.IS Candidate currently working in Canda: YES
3. DOES CANDIDATE HAVE VALID WORK PERMIT FOR THE CURRENT JOB: YES
4.IS CANDIDATE'S JOB OFFER FROM EMPLOYER NAMED ON CURRENT WORK PERMIT : YES (I have open work permit)
5. FOUR DIGIT NOC CODE OF CURRENT WORK PERMIT :2172 (There is no NOC on my work permit as its PGWP)
5. WAS A POSITIVE LMIA ISSUED FOR CURRENT WORK PERMIT: NO

WHAT do you think?? (question 4 and 5 were confusing to me back then, so not knowing, I just gave those answers to keep the considtency of my job with the work permit)!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gur1122 said:
Hi Asivad,
here is the list of following question if I answer yes to the job offer:

1. was positive LMIA issued for this job offer: NO
2.IS Candidate currently working in Canda: YES
3. DOES CANDIDATE HAVE VALID WORK PERMIT FOR THE CURRENT JOB: YES
4.IS CANDIDATE'S JOB OFFER FROM EMPLOYER NAMED ON CURRENT WORK PERMIT : YES (I have open work permit)
5. FOUR DIGIT NOC CODE OF CURRENT WORK PERMIT :2172 (There is no NOC on my work permit as its PGWP)
5. WAS A POSITIVE LMIA ISSUED FOR CURRENT WORK PERMIT: NO

WHAT do you think?? (question 4 and 5 were confusing to me back then, so not knowing, I just gave those answers to keep the considtency of my job with the work permit)!
Just answer No to the valid job offer question.

gur1122

Jul 27, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Just answer No to the valid job offer question.

okay Asivad, because as per the following link (provides the definition of OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT) and then the HELP QUESTION SAY WHY DO I HAVE TO SAY NO TO THE JOB OFFER QUESTION:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

Do you think it contains any potential for application rejection down the road?

Liam88

Mar 27, 2015
Can you tell me how this situation panned out in the end? I have the exact same problem right now and an wondering whether to decline ITA again or not. Thanks

skye09992

Jun 1, 2023
Hi dobes,

have a question related to the last draw as well:it is regarding the EE PNP and my score is 1059, for some issues on my profile I am thinking of declining my ITA. I am a bit confused that if the PNP score applicable to your profile only once or can be carried forward to future invitations. ANY idea that my score will remain the same even after I decline ITA (in other words would the pnp score remain) as I dont want to lose that!

any suggestions would be helpful, thank you
Hey, how did it go? I am having the same issue. I heard this declining won't affect our pnp score but not from official sources.