+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inconsistency with CIC visa application processing

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Hi All,

i need your input/opinion with regards to REGULAR VISITOR VISA for my in-laws. Again i think this is another inconsistency with the way CIC process applications.

This is online TRV application for a VISITOR VISA and not super visa and below is the timeline.

Submission Confirmation Oct-9-2013
Medical Report - Oct-20-2013 (10:49)
Original Passport Request Oct-20-2013 (11:01)
Request letter (Super visa Insurance) Oct-22-2013

I am a bit confused as to why a passport request will be made after a medical request even though we didn't apply for a super visa
further more, the request letter clearly asked for super visa insurance (again never applied for super visa).

Anyways, the request letter instruction indicates to submit the insurance by the same means the application was made. There is no update to the online application page indicating a document request and i am totally at a loss as to what to do

Thanks for your input

allen861

Oct 18, 2013
The website said they are now processing application submitted on Aug. 23.... I submitted on line application on the same day as you and still waiting for any message. That's good you already got the message.

twiggy said:
Hi All,

i need your input/opinion with regards to REGULAR VISITOR VISA for my in-laws. Again i think this is another inconsistency with the way CIC process applications.

This is online TRV application for a VISITOR VISA and not super visa and below is the timeline.

Submission Confirmation Oct-9-2013
Medical Report - Oct-20-2013 (10:49)
Original Passport Request Oct-20-2013 (11:01)
Request letter (Super visa Insurance) Oct-22-2013

I am a bit confused as to why a passport request will be made after a medical request even though we didn't apply for a super visa
further more, the request letter clearly asked for super visa insurance (again never applied for super visa).

Anyways, the request letter instruction indicates to submit the insurance by the same means the application was made. There is no update to the online application page indicating a document request and i am totally at a loss as to what to do

Thanks for your input

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
It's strange - Don't know why you would've been asked for travel insurance since you didn't apply for super visa. However, CIC does say that they might ask you for medical for TRV

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
@allen861- i am not sure if the country of residence of the applicant plays a part in this but am glad the response time was fast.

@dotmatrix - i find it strange as well but do understand if they ask for medical but whats confusing to me is the passport request compliance day
is within 30 days while the medical is 60 days.The passport has been sent in and i expect it to be back at most two weeks (with a visa) but then what about the medical which is expected in to be completed within 60 days?

Talk about inconsistency with CIC process !!!

twiggy

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Update !!1

so the request was processed as super visa and the passport with Visas valid for 10yrs was received today.

I complied with all their request including the travel insurance

good luck to all !!1

dotmatrix

Jul 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
15-06-2013
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
23-10-2014
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-12-2014
twiggy said:
Update !!1

so the request was processed as super visa and the passport with Visas valid for 10yrs was received today.

I complied with all their request including the travel insurance

good luck to all !!1
That's awesome! Congrats bud!