+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incomplete study here in Canada

Dgreen888

Mar 12, 2022
Hi everyone!
I would like to ask as My employer helped me to sponsor as TFWP for their company.
I am residing in Montreal right now as an international student but I did not finish my CEGEP due to financial problem from the pandemic 2020. Programme is 3 years but i only finished 2 years.
Also, I haven't finished my bachelor's degree in my country.
I have understood that they won't honor if you have not finished your degree, but i have studied in Canada for 2 years, only it's CEGEP though. However, i have also read that I can request for evaluation from WES even if I did not finish my studies.
Do you guys think that I have any chances or would I gain points for EE? Like more than a high school degree? Please enlighten me. Thank you so much in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone!
I would like to ask as My employer helped me to sponsor as TFWP for their company.
I am residing in Montreal right now as an international student but I did not finish my CEGEP due to financial problem from the pandemic 2020. Programme is 3 years but i only finished 2 years.
I have understood that they won't honor if you have not finished your degree, but i have studied in Canada for 2 years, only it's CEGEP though. However, i have also read that I can request for evaluation from WES even if I did not finish my studies.
Do you guys think that I have any chances or would I gain points for EE? Like more than a high school degree? Please enlighten me. Thank you so much in advance.
No points are awarded for incomplete studies. You won't gain any points for EE.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone!
Also, just to clarify, I assume you changed your status to visitor or worker once you dropped out of school?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone!
If you did not finish CEGEP, what is your highest education? Whatever it is that would be it. WES only evaluates foreign education.

What is your status now? So is your NOC (assume you have LMIA and will apply for closed work permit)?

Dgreen888

Mar 12, 2022
If you did not finish CEGEP, what is your highest education? Whatever it is that would be it. WES only evaluates foreign education.

What is your status now? So is your NOC (assume you have LMIA and will apply for closed work permit)?
I have changed my status to visitor after dropping out then as of the moment waiting for the LMIA thing. I forgot the NOC but the position is a Warehouse Clerk/Light duty cleaner. It is under maintenance.

Dgreen888

Mar 12, 2022
I have changed my status to visitor after dropping out then as of the moment waiting for the LMIA thing. I forgot the NOC but the position is a Warehouse Clerk/Light duty cleaner. It is under maintenance.
I did some college/ universities after graduating high school for 4 years but did not finish it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That's good. That was the right thing to do.

Unfortunately you won't get any education points for your unfinished programs either in Canada or your home country.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I did some college/ universities after graduating high school for 4 years but did not finish it.
You won't get any points for this.

Dgreen888

Mar 12, 2022
Also, just to clarify, I assume you changed your status to visitor or worker once you dropped out of school?
Hi Scylla. Yes I did. I am on a visitor status and now waiting for the LMIA to apply for work permit. Tried to apply open work permit for destitute student but they refused it.

Dgreen888

Mar 12, 2022
That's good. That was the right thing to do.

Unfortunately you won't get any education points for your unfinished programs either in Canada or your home country.
I see. But do you think there will be a chance for me to apply for permanent residency or something?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I see. But do you think there will be a chance for me to apply for permanent residency or something?
It's hard to say.

You won't have enough points for Express Entry and your job definitely sounds unskilled / semi-skilled which will rule out other programs (including CEC). So it will depend on the province where you are working and whether they have an immigration path for unskilled / semi-skilled workers.

Dgreen888

Mar 12, 2022
It's hard to say.

You won't have enough points for Express Entry and your job definitely sounds unskilled / semi-skilled which will rule out other programs (including CEC). So it will depend on the province where you are working and whether they have an immigration path for unskilled / semi-skilled workers.
I see. I am Quebec(Montreal). Hopefully I could have the chance to apply for PR or whatever I could to stay here. If there is anything that you might know more of about if I might have a chance in the future. I would be happy to hear from you. Thank you so kindly for your responses.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I see. I am Quebec(Montreal). Hopefully I could have the chance to apply for PR or whatever I could to stay here. If there is anything that you might know more of about if I might have a chance in the future. I would be happy to hear from you. Thank you so kindly for your responses.
In that case you'll need to research Quebec's immigration programs to see if any will work for you.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/