+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Income for sponsorship application

sajani

Dec 24, 2017
Hi, Im currently in the process of sponsoring my husband to Canada. I'm unfortunately doing a part-time job where I'm earning a low income. Is it going to affect my sponsorship application? What are some of the recommendations you can provide?

My husband has property in the back home. Can he add that? If so how do we show his properties in back home. maybe a letter explaining the properties or any other way? He is even willing to bring some money here.

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
In a Spousal sponsorship, there is no income requirement for the Sponsor. The only stipulation is that the Sponsor cannot be on welfare. CIC has their definition of what they consider welfare. If your income level is low (but aren't on welfare) then you might be asked to explain how you will support your spouse to ensure neither of you end up on welfare once he is a PR.

sajani

Dec 24, 2017
In a Spousal sponsorship, there is no income requirement for the Sponsor. The only stipulation is that the Sponsor cannot be on welfare. CIC has their definition of what they consider welfare. If your income level is low (but aren't on welfare) then you might be asked to explain how you will support your spouse to ensure neither of you end up on welfare once he is a PR.
what if my parents provide a letter explaining that they can support until we get on our on feet?

sajani

Dec 24, 2017
You can include a letter of support from your parents and your spouse's income/assets.
Hi One more Question,

Here is what I have so far as for financial support. DO you think I am providing more than necessary? Here is the list

- An original Letter from the Sponsor’s Current Employer

- Notice of Assessment for the Year 2016

- Most recent pay stubs

- Additional document explaining current employment situation of sponsor (Total Pages: 1)

- Degree certification of Sponsor

- A letter from sponsor’s parent (A Declaration to Financially Support

Principal Applicant, and Sponsor) and their proof of claims

- Documentary evidence of financial support by principal applicant’s parents

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi One more Question,

Here is what I have so far as for financial support. DO you think I am providing more than necessary? Here is the list

- An original Letter from the Sponsor’s Current Employer

- Notice of Assessment for the Year 2016

- Most recent pay stubs

- Additional document explaining current employment situation of sponsor (Total Pages: 1)

- Degree certification of Sponsor

- A letter from sponsor’s parent (A Declaration to Financially Support

Principal Applicant, and Sponsor) and their proof of claims

- Documentary evidence of financial support by principal applicant’s parents
They can see your current employment situation from your employer letter and NOA. Your additional document should explain the financial situation as a whole, including any income/assets your spouse contributes.

Degree certification isn't necessary.

Evidence of financial support from your parent's is also not necessary. The letter is sufficient.

sajani

Dec 24, 2017
They can see your current employment situation from your employer letter and NOA. Your additional document should explain the financial situation as a whole, including any income/assets your spouse contributes.

Degree certification isn't necessary.

Evidence of financial support from your parent's is also not necessary. The letter is sufficient.
Thank you So much, So I took off my degree certification. Also, I don't have to include My parents (sponsor's) pay stubs right? Just the letter from them would be enough?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you So much, So I took off my degree certification. Also, I don't have to include My parents (sponsor's) pay stubs right? Just the letter from them would be enough?
No, you don't need to include their payslips.