+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

included spouse to my application and now its taking long

Amason4christ

Oct 4, 2018
I applied for my PR through express entry in June 2018 as single. I later alerted CIC in July 2018 that i am married. i tried to invite my husband in August but the visa was denied. In Nov 2018, the asked for my family information where I included my spouse and sent to them. However, to my surprise, my COPR came out and it was stated single. i called them about it and they told me not to land with it, rather i should return the COPR and the Visa. i did and a letter of instruction was sent to my email to include my spouse. I gathered all information and documents required and sent to them. My spouse has been added as an independent on my CIC account and he also has passed his medicals since December 2018.

Today i called CIC to find out the status of my application and they told me my file has been re-opened and my spouse has passed his medicals. However, my file has traveled from Ottawa to Vancouver, to Winnipeg and back to Vancouver again.

Does anyone know why my file is being sent to these places? is it a work distribution thing or an assessment protocol?

Does anyone know how long my application might take before its approved.

Nvnsuri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
I applied for my PR through express entry in June 2018 as single. I later alerted CIC in July 2018 that i am married. i tried to invite my husband in August but the visa was denied. In Nov 2018, the asked for my family information where I included my spouse and sent to them. However, to my surprise, my COPR came out and it was stated single. i called them about it and they told me not to land with it, rather i should return the COPR and the Visa. i did and a letter of instruction was sent to my email to include my spouse. I gathered all information and documents required and sent to them. My spouse has been added as an independent on my CIC account and he also has passed his medicals since December 2018.

Today i called CIC to find out the status of my application and they told me my file has been re-opened and my spouse has passed his medicals. However, my file has traveled from Ottawa to Vancouver, to Winnipeg and back to Vancouver again.

Does anyone know why my file is being sent to these places? is it a work distribution thing or an assessment protocol?

Does anyone know how long my application might take before its approved.
It takes 6months after adding your spouse. Dont worry its the best process to do. Other than you getting pr and applying for sponsorship. Stay be cool all the best