+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inadmissibility questions

SACAN

Jul 10, 2020
I received invitation to apply through BCPNP. My application was submitted and all documents send.

In 2018 I was detained by police for suspected DUI. The police never recorded this incident and I was cleared. I was detained in the police vehicle and my drivers licence talen together with my vehicle. I got both back and didn’t pay anything and my record is clear. No criminal record.

I also have diabetes, cholesterol and hypertension. I’m on medication for these.

Some 20 years back I wanted to visit the Uk, but was refused entry as the immigration officer did not believe I had enough money to look after myself.

what are the chances of my PR application being refused for these three reasons?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I received invitation to apply through BCPNP. My application was submitted and all documents send.

In 2018 I was detained by police for suspected DUI. The police never recorded this incident and I was cleared. I was detained in the police vehicle and my drivers licence talen together with my vehicle. I got both back and didn’t pay anything and my record is clear. No criminal record.

I also have diabetes, cholesterol and hypertension. I’m on medication for these.

Some 20 years back I wanted to visit the Uk, but was refused entry as the immigration officer did not believe I had enough money to look after myself.

what are the chances of my PR application being refused for these three reasons?
Your chances of refusal for these reasons are low but it is hard to say without more details about your health like whether you take insulin and at what dose and whether you have kidney disease or more serious cardiac issues.

SACAN

Jul 10, 2020
I take 60 units of insulin per day aswell as metformin. No kidney or any other diseases related to diabetes.