+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In distress - please help

helloworldall

Apr 1, 2009
I am waiting in my home country (India) and I have received my permanent immigrant visa.
My husband has been in Canada. He left after our marriage and filed my papers from Canada.
Here is my problem; please help.

Something has changed with my husband (either loss of his job or some other circumstance which
he is not telling me) in recent months. When I ask him about when I can come to Canada to join
him, he gets very upset. He is behaving very rudely. He says that if I come to Canada, he will
"physically assault me and hand me over to social services". I am deeply distressed and do not
know what to do. My parents and whole family is suffering.

I understand that I can not wait until my visa expires. Can Canadian immigration laws create trouble
for me if I land within the validity period of my visa. What should I expect at the port of entry?

Thank you for your help/comment

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Why cant you leave???Under the law He sponsored you so If He turns you over to social services he still will pay for your expenses,Nothing stops you from coming to Canada

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly. Come to Canada. Don't even let him know. If you have friends or relatives in Canada, visit them instead. Activate your PR to keep your doors open. If you don't want to live in Canada now, you may want to in the future. You can be outside Canada up to 3 years in every 5 and still keep your PR. As for the husband who is threatening to assault you, forget him.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Your husband threating you because he knows he is responsible for you for 3 years no matter what since he sponsored you. The ball is in your hand to come and remain for 3 years out of 5. He can't cancel your application once is finalized and forget about him because he is not mentally ill but rather cheating and doesn't want to tell you. Be smart and don't loose the opportunity of having a future in Canada.

rascojenkins

Jul 25, 2008
Yes, You need to park your bags and catch the next flight to Canada. Go to a friend or family member.Try to improve on yourself and help your family.I think your husband is involved with another woman.Just focus on yourself and family b4 you know the sky will be your limits.
Goodluck

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
yes please,pack your bags and come straight to Canada,forget about him(such a looser!) and start a new life.dont worry and good luck.