+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In-Canada Sponsorship 2017

Angeles87mike77

Star Member
Sep 25, 2017
Hi I submitted my PR application within Canada last September 17, 2017 through Canada Post
CIC mailroom received the application and notified me via text: September 20, 2017
Still waiting for AOR. Around what time should I expect it to come? Will it be emailed through my husband's email since he's the sponsor? And I am currently just on visitor visa
Have you received AOR?

Badi

Jun 13, 2011
Hey, I'm applying soon as well. Could any of you give me some tips? Also, what's an AOR, AIP? Other acronyms I need to know.
SA - Sponsor Approval
AIP - Approval in Principal
AOR - Acknowledgement of receipt
OWP - Open work permit
PR - Permanent resident

Nov 24, 2017
So happy to see this site! Forgive me if I'm in the wrong place to post my question but I'm working on the spousal sponsorship paperwork for my inbound Brazilian husband. I have a pretty good handle on what I need to be gathering to complete the application but took a positive pregnancy test yesterday and feel lost as far as what this changes, at this point, in the forms. Its very early in the pregnancy and of course trying to prepare myself for the million and one things that can happen in these early days. Do I acknowledge this in the application at this point or add it in later on when things are more concrete/ baby is born?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
So happy to see this site! Forgive me if I'm in the wrong place to post my question but I'm working on the spousal sponsorship paperwork for my inbound Brazilian husband. I have a pretty good handle on what I need to be gathering to complete the application but took a positive pregnancy test yesterday and feel lost as far as what this changes, at this point, in the forms. Its very early in the pregnancy and of course trying to prepare myself for the million and one things that can happen in these early days. Do I acknowledge this in the application at this point or add it in later on when things are more concrete/ baby is born?
No, you only need to acknowledge this when the baby is born.

Congratulations!