+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

In a shock........any advice will be appreciated

Zainee

May 25, 2009
Hi all,
We send in our application in June and got letter of first stage approval in July 11. Now when it was transferred to Buffalo office, they send us the whole application form, YES THE WHOLE PACKAGE, because they want us to prove we are legally living in the USA. Now the funny thing is we have included everything, I-94, Visa stamp and work permit....everything already. Why are they asking this again ? So, we quickly check to see if we forgot to include all that. Went through the whole package and there it was clearly stating one whole section in the application [PROOF of Status in USA]. So amazing. Did they not see it or what ? how did they miss it ? My husband came to USA LEGALLY when he was just 20 year old and has been legal in the USA every single second (sorry I am very upset and almost crying). We have included all the proof, then why have they did not see it. Has this happened to anyone. Now I won't be able to sleep !

Any thoughts ? And Advice? Do I e-mail them or send the application package with detail letter on this. I mean how do you send things that you sent already. Did they not look through the package we sent?

abhi_hola

Star Member
Nov 16, 2008
please re-send the relevent documents again that proves your legal stay in USA;
dont worry after they see this they should ok you;

you could try to contact the buffalo office thru' e-mail/phone to ask what else they need!

Zainee

May 25, 2009
abhi_hola said:
please re-send the relevent documents again that proves your legal stay in USA;
dont worry after they see this they should ok you;

you could try to contact the buffalo office thru' e-mail/phone to ask what else they need!
what's their phone number. They only gave e-mail and mail address

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
You can't call them. You can only reach them via email or fax.

I say this has been a mistake from their part. What I would do if I were do I would make a photocopy of their letter and paper clip it to the documents that they claim you lost. Just state that those documents had been in there all along and your hoping that there is nothing else they require as those are the only documents (official documents) you have that prove you both reside legally in the United States.

I'm sure this is very disappointing- but just sent it back FEDEX overnight so you don't lose any further time.

Good luck.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
Just to ask are you both Permanent residence in the USA--- or just students etc etc.... when you mention the I-94 this does not prove you reside in the USA this means you a visitor to the USA.

Zainee

May 25, 2009
robertbola said:
You can't call them. You can only reach them via email or fax.

I say this has been a mistake from their part. What I would do if I were do I would make a photocopy of their letter and paper clip it to the documents that they claim you lost. Just state that those documents had been in there all along and your hoping that there is nothing else they require as those are the only documents (official documents) you have that prove you both reside legally in the United States.

I'm sure this is very disappointing- but just sent it back FEDEX overnight so you don't lose any further time.

Good luck.
I am not worried but only a bit angry at them . Actually we don't want to redo all the police and FBI again, if it keeps delaying like this and they keep sending it back the whole application (Police and FbI report require some time to come u know). They could have wrote a letter to provide the proof (which we have given already,).
We have busy life with kids to handle, can't detail with mistakes from their part !
Sorry, I am just messed up and mood is not too good.

Zainee

May 25, 2009
robertbola said:
Just to ask are you both Permanent residence in the USA--- or just students etc etc.... when you mention the I-94 this does not prove you reside in the USA this means you a visitor to the USA.
My husband came as a student,finished his degree and now working. They wrote in letter provide I-94 (which we did). provide visa stamp (which we did) and so on.. So the list of stuff they have included that are missing were all and allllllllll included. How could they miss it is my question.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
I'm shocked too and I really am sorry for your problem. It's really too bad. The worse problem is you can never call them for urgent matters like this. I would only encourage you to put this behind you for now and write a well detailed letter and express them your concerns. On the letter you can mention each document that you have attached.

Again, if you are sure the information you are asking is what you have than you have nothing to worry about. Fedex it over there and they will have it back on their desk in a day or so.

Zainee

May 25, 2009
robertbola said:
I'm shocked too and I really am sorry for your problem. It's really too bad. The worse problem is you can never call them for urgent matters like this. I would only encourage you to put this behind you for now and write a well detailed letter and express them your concerns. On the letter you can mention each document that you have attached.

Again, if you are sure the information you are asking is what you have than you have nothing to worry about. Fedex it over there and they will have it back on their desk in a day or so.
Thanks for your support. I would not mind sending things to them that we sent already, but what makes me sad is that the whole application was sent back, I feel so sad about it :(

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
That is a horrible situation. When our application got to Buffalo they fowarded to New York...and 5 days later they sent back all of evidence to prove our relatinship...photos, cards, emails, letters....it was all in a big enevolpe and it said Canadian Consulate in New York and all I could think it was was our application.....and it was the worse feeling in the world.....after we opened we realized maybe they were done with it,...and it was not the whole application being sent back.

a lot of unfair things happens....it's tough hat we know

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
great news! congratulations! best of luck with your application!