Montreal, QC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my point was about not misrepresenting your relationship to CIC
shruti_shri said:
ohh well yes with the interview that could be the problem but they know india has arrange marriage thing so i dun think that should be a problem.

sivathegreat

Aug 21, 2011
Calgary, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2011
File Transfer...
30-Nov-2011
Med's Done....
06-Aug-2011
Interview........
I will do it to my wife
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Feb-2012
LANDED..........
She is flying Today
ddobro2 said:
Well, I can understand her apprehension about admitting this....perhaps she's embarassed by it or something. But I really think honesty is the best policy here......if the unfortunate happens and CIC requests an interview.....you or her (I forget which is the principal applicant) could really get in trouble if you backtrack on the story in your application of you meeting through a family member and start talking about meeting through Bharatmatrimony.....and you don't want to give CIC any reason to doubt your relationship. That's just my two cents....

I met my husband in a chatroom connected to a thing called Livestation.....where one watches channels such as Al Jazeera English. We had a lot of contact virtually before I went to meet him. Then I went to meet him a second time (months later). Then he came to my city to marry me (another few months later). So we were physically together for about 6 days total (two separate trips of 3 days each), before he came for the purposes of getting married. On paper that looks ridiculous. But it's the truth and I can only hope that CIC is convinced by the evidence I provided (plus the fact that I've been living with him in Canada for over a year now).

It is not that she is "embarrassed" it is just because the "conservative" part of her relatives do not accept or understand "online" relationships. They just think it as a "fraud"...we both love each other..just dont want unnecessary problems..

Now about the honesty best policy...We are not "lying"..we just cut short the initial part...

After I met wife online and talked to her for 3 months I told to my mother to visit her parents...
It became an arranged marriage then on...

Police and Visa Officers are trained to think this way...
all people are criminal
all applicants are dubious

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
sivathegreat said:
It is not that she is "embarrassed" it is just because the "conservative" part of her relatives do not accept or understand "online" relationships. They just think it as a "fraud"...we both love each other..just dont want unnecessary problems..

Now about the honesty best policy...We are not "lying"..we just cut short the initial part...

After I met wife online and talked to her for 3 months I told to my mother to visit her parents...
It became an arranged marriage then on...

Police and Visa Officers are trained to think this way...
all people are criminal
all applicants are dubious

Hi siva,

All the best on the application there and I hope that you guys have a speedy process :) Just wanted to say that I agree with ddobro here. Being from India, I understand how your relatives would have viewed the online meeting part, but personally I think its perfectly normal. However, the 'cutting short' bit still amounts to lying by omission, and its always always better to stick to the real stuff than fabricate a story. So, you had no reason to not mention that on the forms. However, I hope you wont run into any problems and have a quick one there.

Good Luck! :)

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shruti_shri said:
thats not the problem right?
It's not a problem by itself but it may trigger an interview, chances are high that they will interview u!

shruti_shri

Star Member
Jun 23, 2011
ohh yes for sure they will and i have the proof to prove that it is genuine and i m gonna go and see my husband again in march so that adds up to that i guess.....i hope everything goes well....fingers crossed.

usman101

Nov 5, 2011
Hi.. Can someone plz tell me how long it takes for a decision to be made after the interview? also do they keep your passport or give it back to you after the interview?

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
it varies by visa officer as to how long and if they keep your passport or not...unfortunately no one can advise you about this...