+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Important inputs for my future planning and migration

Jio123

Oct 12, 2014
Dear All,

I really need your valuable help which can provide important inputs for my future planning.

Let me be very honest with you, i work as a testing manager with a telecom company and my net sal is close 60K.
I already wasted close to 50k on my IELTS exams twice including ECS of my engineering degree.

Break Up
---------
IELTS Exam Fee
1st time 10k
2nd time 20 (inclusive of flight tickets since close date was not available in my city, hotel accomodation, food expense etc..,)
ECS valuation 17k
Courier charges 3k

Coming to my personality, Neither I am an outstanding or Excellent person nor very poor.
I would consider myself an average person and can adapt to any kind of work environment (0 ego and 0 attitude because i come from a village and worked very hard to get this positiion)
Can get the job done on time (if this requires me to work even complete night and day continuously).
Where ever i worked i got good feedback on my work, performance and attitude minus the Good Salary.

I have been to Toronto twice on my work and consider to migrate because of following reasons.

1) Not even a single day i thought i was an indian during my work, it was as if i was working at my home country. I must the kind Ethics and Professionalism Western countries shows towards their employees are outstanding.

2) Good standard of living and well balanced work and personal life, In india we are asked to work on saturdays and sundays as well due to tight deliveries but in Canada i have not seen this, people come sharp at 8:30/8:45 AM and leave by 5:00 PM and they hardly discuss any personal details, all focus on work itself nothing more, back in my country work starts at 10 AM and closes at 8/9 PM which includes corridor talks, personal attacks and rumours (In my opinion the productive hours are hardly between 4-6 hours in india).

3) No Salary hikes even though acche din are here (Seriously i worked for 4 companies so far and i got salary hike only during changing the companies and yearly apprisal was close to 6% hike which cannot meet the inflation).

4) Life is wornderful in Toronto. Also i didnot get a chance to visit any other place as i have no relatives and all my office indian colleagues were busy during weekends, on my own i visited Niagara Falls i.e., took bus from Eaton center to Niagara and back to my Apartment where i was put up.

5) I was give $50/day when i was onsite, it was good enough since i could save $20/day. I hope a company employee will get more than this.

Coming to the point:
In my second attempt my scores are

S 7
L 7
R 6.5
W 5.5

Iam not 100% confident however iam hoping that atleast i deserve 6 in Writing, need your help.
I know Einstein discovered bulb after 10000 attempts then who am i to get disappointed on my second attempt.

Also due to the scoring i got in my 1st and 2nd attempt i am seriously thinking is it a good idea to leave current job in india and try for canada?
What if i put 120% productivity in my current job here in india?
I understand the kindl of ethics and professionalism and govt support you get in Canada cannot be compared with India but can you provide me a true picture.

Need advice and help from seniors, intellectual people from india and canada because based on your inputs only i can come to a conclusion.

Thanks in Advance