+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status, employer wants me to stop work

mznutcracker

Apr 16, 2009
MY work permit is gonna expire on sept 28, we submitted the wp app last sept 20 and vegreville received it on the 21st.im working on the same employer and same duties and responsibilities.we attach the lmo file #, coz hrsdc doesnt have the decision yet. our accountant is telling me that i need to stop wrking on the 29th, but i told her that im on implied status and im still legally working in canada until a decision will be made by cic. what should i do if she still insist on me to stop working? where can i file a complaint if ever?any opinion will be appreciated.thanks

icycool

Apr 13, 2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/pdf/kits/guides/5290E.PDF please read at Appendex A , A-2

If you send your open work permit application with your permanent residence application and you…continue working for the employer mentioned on your current work permit while the application is being processed then you do not have to extend your work permit, even if it expires during the processing of your application for permanent residence.

hope it help :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

icycool said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/pdf/kits/guides/5290E.PDF please read at Appendex A , A-2

If you send your open work permit application with your permanent residence application and you...continue working for the employer mentioned on your current work permit while the application is being processed then you do not have to extend your work permit, even if it expires during the processing of your application for permanent residence.

hope it help :)
It doesn't the OP is not applying for PR in Canada, and the section you are quoting is for "in Canada" spousal applications. If the employer doesn't believe in implied status, it is his/her decision to either keep you on or wait for the LMO.

ae03yy

Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Seattl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 18, 2011
I had the same issue w/ my employer months back. You may ask yours to call CIC for confirmation on what you tell them. You can also tell ur boss you wanna call CIC when he is present, to motivate them. Or print what OP states and give them.
I did the latest, but my boss removed me from schedule till a month later, when he called CIC and was told exactly what I told him.. He called me back to work. So, encourage your boss to phone and inquire about implied status for TW.
But, no there's nothing wrong in putting you on hold from work. Your boss can do so and won't get in problem.
So, you have to convince them by providing them docs and proof and phone nos. If necessary!

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
March 1 & 10, 2014 MR Received....: April 3, 2014
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 16, 2014; VISA Received: April 24, 2014
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
mznutcracker said:
MY work permit is gonna expire on sept 28, we submitted the wp app last sept 20 and vegreville received it on the 21st.im working on the same employer and same duties and responsibilities.we attach the lmo file #, coz hrsdc doesnt have the decision yet. our accountant is telling me that i need to stop wrking on the 29th, but i told her that im on implied status and im still legally working in canada until a decision will be made by cic. what should i do if she still insist on me to stop working? where can i file a complaint if ever?any opinion will be appreciated.thanks

Hope the details below help....

IMPLIED STATUS (source: CIC website)

If the application for renewal of the work permit is made before the expiry of the existing work permit, the employee may continue to work under the terms and conditions of the original document as per the implied status provisions found in R186(u). TFWs should familiarize themselves with these conditions, particularly as they pertain to staying in Canada while under implied status.

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
I guess you should present the previous info i sent you to your employer. Get a copy of the foreign worker manual so that the employer would sense that u know what you're doing and armed by provisions of the law. But be cool, approach your employer nicely, afterall your employment depends on him unless you get to have other neutral lmo from other employers...Which will take too long considering advertisement etc...

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
Refer to R186(u) OP 11 temporary residents.

It is clearly stipulated in item no. 24 that temporary residents who applied for work permit renewal prior to the expiry of work permit has the RIGHT TO CONTINUE WORKING FOR AS LONG AS THE TEMPORARY RESIDNT REMAINS IN CANADA.

if you leave Canada with pending decision of application for renewal, then you will not be able to resume work once you get back to Canada until a work permit is issued...

I hope i was able to be of help to your concern...

mznutcracker

Apr 16, 2009
@ynoweh..Hi, thanks for your input, I did exactly your advice, and the result was positive..I will continue working
until cic's decision to my wp application, the tfw manual was also a big help..thanks for your time :)

ynoweh

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 21, 2013
Doc's Request.
Jan. 29, 2014 (PCC)
AOR Received.
July 9, 2013
File Transfer...
July 22, 2013
Med's Request
Jan. 29, 2014
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
April 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 9, 2014
mznutcracker said:
@ ynoweh..Hi, thanks for your input, I did exactly your advice, and the result was positive..I will continue working
until cic's decision to my wp application, the tfw manual was also a big help..thanks for your time :)
You're welcome. Glad to be of help especially to a co-pinoy.. :)