+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status and inland family sponsorshop

Aug 26, 2017
Hello,
I'm writing to you members hoping to find a clear answer regarding my situation.
So i applied for a post graduate work permit after graduation before my study permit expired but unfortunately my application was refused because i didn't maintain a full time status for all my sessions.
Before receiving my post graduate application refusal, i applied also for an inland sponsorship since my common law partner decided to sponsor me but, we didn't include an open work permit request in my sponsorship application (i thought i was going to get a PGWP for sure **but unfortunately that wasn't the case**).
What do you think should i do in this situation ?
-My temporary sponsorship application number was received January 27th 2021 (still can't link my application with the temporary number) and,
-My PGWP refusal was received February 2nd 2021

Thanks in advance for any helpful answer!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
I'm writing to you members hoping to find a clear answer regarding my situation.
So i applied for a post graduate work permit after graduation before my study permit expired but unfortunately my application was refused because i didn't maintain a full time status for all my sessions.
Before receiving my post graduate application refusal, i applied also for an inland sponsorship since my common law partner decided to sponsor me but, we didn't include an open work permit request in my sponsorship application (i thought i was going to get a PGWP for sure **but unfortunately that wasn't the case**).
What do you think should i do in this situation ?
-My temporary sponsorship application number was received January 27th 2021 (still can't link my application with the temporary number) and,
-My PGWP refusal was received February 2nd 2021

Thanks in advance for any helpful answer!
You're out of status in Canada and need to restore your status. I would start by doing that.

Why was your PGWP refused?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Reactions: YVR123
Aug 26, 2017
You need to apply to restore your status.
I know that i've to restore my status, but i thought may be i can wait until the IRCC opens my sponsorship application and give me a permanent application number so i can apply for an open work permit under sponsorship. for those who lost their status in Canada between January 30th and May 31 st has until August 2021 to apply to restore their status.
Do you think i should wait until receiving a permanent sponsorship application number and apply for an open work permit or should i apply to restore my status in any ways (as visitor of course) ?
I'm confused!!!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I know that i've to restore my status, but i thought may be i can wait until the IRCC opens my sponsorship application and give me a permanent application number so i can apply for an open work permit under sponsorship. for those who lost their status in Canada between January 30th and May 31 st has until August 2021 to apply to restore their status.
Do you think i should wait until receiving a permanent sponsorship application number and apply for an open work permit or should i apply to restore my status in any ways (as visitor of course) ?
I'm confused!!!
You cannot apply for OWP without status!! So if you want your OWP application to proceed when they receive your application, apply to restore your status soon.

I thought your OWP application needs to be INCLUDED in your sponsorship application. Otherwise, you need to wait till AIP.
This may have changed but that's what I know.

Aug 26, 2017
You cannot apply for OWP without status!! So if you want your OWP application to proceed when they receive your application, apply to restore your status soon.

I thought your OWP application needs to be INCLUDED in your sponsorship application. Otherwise, you need to wait till AIP.
This may have changed but that's what I know.
Thanks for your answer, what do you mean by AIP?