+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Implied status and 8 weeks validity of SIN

kabilapatila

Apr 22, 2009
This is extract from service Canada website

"Service Canada respects the implied status granted by Citizenship and Immigration of up to eight weeks for those employees who experience an administrative delay after requesting a renewal of their work authorization document." This implied status is granted only if the renewal application was made prior to the original immigration document expiring.

My question is, if CPC takes more than 8 weeks to take the decision, what will happen to SIN of the TFW. Will they be allowed to continue working and pay taxes after 8 weeks?

Thanks

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
kabilapatila said:

"Service Canada respects the implied status granted by Citizenship and Immigration of up to eight weeks for those employees who experience an administrative delay after requesting a renewal of their work authorization document." This implied status is granted only if the renewal application was made prior to the original immigration document expiring.

My question is, if CPC takes more than 8 weeks to take the decision, what will happen to SIN of the TFW. Will they be allowed to continue working and pay taxes after 8 weeks?

Thanks
I would like to know the answer to this one too. As far as i can see WP extensions are taking up to 82 days plus to be finalized, meanwhile I will be on implied intent status as my inland family class PR will be taking a great deal longer to get to first stage.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

angelbrat said:
kabilapatila said:

Thanks
I would like to know the answer to this one too. As far as i can see WP extensions are taking up to 82 days plus to be finalized, meanwhile I will be on implied intent status as my inland family class PR will be taking a great deal longer to get to first stage.
The SIN expires.

PMM

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
helloo PMM i am on post grad work permit. i have applied for an extension to complete the full 3 yrs as my old passport was expiring midway. its been 50 days since. do i too come under that 82 days waitingg period since i am not applying for an extension under an employer. does my SIN too will expire after 8 weeks? i dont have a job rt now. if my SIN expires, how can i get one without a job? would my PGWP will make me eligible to reapply for one?
thanks in advance for replies PMM.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Raman_Ram said:
helloo PMM i am on post grad work permit. i have applied for an extension to complete the full 3 yrs as my old passport was expiring midway. its been 50 days since. do i too come under that 82 days waitingg period since i am not applying for an extension under an employer. does my SIN too will expire after 8 weeks? i dont have a job rt now. if my SIN expires, how can i get one without a job? would my PGWP will make me eligible to reapply for one?
thanks in advance for replies PMM.
1, If you send it to Suite 202 then it is 86 days.
2. Your sin will expire after (probably has) after 8 weeks from the end of your work permit.
3. Once you get your extension, apply for an extension of the sin.

PMM

Raman_Ram

Star Member
May 25, 2009
thanks buddy. i just called the call centre. eventhough they couldnt confirm abt SIN as it didnt come under their purview, they did confirm that i sent the app to the rt address eventhough PGWP extension wasnt mentioned there. quite relieved.