+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Impact on application? - left Canada right after filing the application

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
blueshirt said:
if a Canadian citizen want to work in USA. the NAFTA has created a TN visa privilege. I don't think it is crime to live in other country if there are opportunities. one should contribute to Canada by paying tax in Canada as well. be fair and live peacefully where ever you want and respect the law. I agree one should not claim benefits if he is not living in Canada. if you plan to be outside Canada for more than 6 months do inform CRA you have nothing to loose. old age benefit you will still be eligible.... bottom line is go with the rule and obey law
Good stuff.
And I don't agree with people who look at their home country so bad after being a Canadian citizen. Put it this way, your home country is your mother, Canadian PR is your girlfriend/boyfriend, and Canadian citizenship is the process of getting married with your girlfriend/boyfriend after the relationship turns well. Even you live with your wife/husband, still you have to respect your mother who brought you to this world.
If now you have a bad mouth about your home country, next maybe you will get the US citizenship and then having bad mouth about Canada, right?

Nov 6, 2014
I see it in a different way. I consider myself as a citizen of the World and humanity. I love and respect my mother country, but right now it is being constantly exploited by politicians and corruption. Also the culture nd mentality there is ver superficial such as (caste, ruch poor, VIP - non-VIP).

I cannot thank God more for letting me an opportunity in Canada. If there is heaven on world, it is in Canada.

People who get good opportunities outside Canada, should definetly seek them, but I think it is wrong if you have already decided even before becoming a citizen that you dont want to live in Canada and want to leave immediately after becoming citizen

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
blueshirt said:
if a Canadian citizen want to work in USA. the NAFTA has created a TN visa privilege. I don't think it is crime to live in other country if there are opportunities.
You are correct. But note that there is a lot of Canadian ego and insecurity in regards to immigrants who use Canada as a stepping stone into the USA. It is always a hot topic among Canadians. They feel insulted and feel used. The Canadian "little brother" complex to the USA feeds into this. That's why an applicant who made a lot of travel to the USA or worked there in the past is a trigger for an RQ (unless you are American).

My wife is a health care worker who is currently taking courses for foreign trained newcomers to get licensed in Ontario. She is the only American there and several of her classmates say why is she up here when the money is better in the US. She explains she is up here for love (me). But her classmates say they can't wait to get citizenship so they can work in the US. Their original goal was the US but came to Canada because it was easier and use it as a way to the US eventually.

Nov 6, 2014
keesio said:
Their original goal was the US but came to Canada because it was easier and use it as a way to the US eventually.
Why couldnt they just get H-1 visa and then go and work in USA, get U.S. citizenship after 5 years I think. If anyone wants money, then USA is certainly a good place.. but if someone wants a good lifestyle, peace of mind and an easy laid back lifestyle, then Canada is the place to be.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Canada_wich_Punjabi said:
Why couldnt they just get H-1 visa and then go and work in USA, get U.S. citizenship after 5 years I think. If anyone wants money, then USA is certainly a good place.. but if someone wants a good lifestyle, peace of mind and an easy laid back lifestyle, then Canada is the place to be.
TN visa is much much easier to get than an H-1.

I agree that Canada had other benefits vs the US. But when you think about it, most immigrants are economic immigrants. They don't come to Canada because they love Canadian culture, way of life and values. Then come because they have better economic opportunities here. If they were wealthy back home, they would stay. I certainly understand that sentiment. My parents immigrated to the US for the same reasons.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
But the truth going on is that most people who talk tough of how they love Canada, heaven on earth, blah blah blah when applying for citizenship, are the ones who would first move to USA after gotten it. Seriously, I've seen lots like this. Later it's like "Oh come on, I'm a human, and humans don't leave in heaven, right?" ;D
My mom used to tell me, "if a girl likes you, she will keep complaining about your lifestyle, hoping that you can change into somebody that she can live forever with. If she doesn't like you, she will say all the sweet things to make you feel comfortable while waiting for a right time to tell you sayonara (bye-bye)".

Nov 6, 2014
keesio said:
TN visa is much much easier to get than an H-1.

I agree that Canada had other benefits vs the US. But when you think about it, most immigrants are economic immigrants. They don't come to Canada because they love Canadian culture, way of life and values. Then come because they have better economic opportunities here. If they were wealthy back home, they would stay. I certainly understand that sentiment. My parents immigrated to the US for the same reasons.
Your right most immigrants come only for economic benefits and to milk the cow as much as they can. It takes a couple of generations for them to come in terms with the value, culture, patriotism. If someone loves their home country passionately there is nothing wrong with it. They should go back and try to help their motherland.

lenovo

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
sanlitun said:
I filed my citizenship application on Oct. 31, 2014 (1098 days) and flew back to my home country on the same day to pursue career opportunities. No plan to come back to Canada anytime soon except for the test and the oath.

Questions -
1. Shall I inform CIC?
2. Any impact on the processing time of my application?

Anyone in the same boat? Would you mind sharing your application status? Thanks.

You're kind of dumb because there is enough evidence on this forum for CIC to identify who you are..........and I have no doubt CIC monitors and reads this forum closely.

You used puralator and this was your application date:
Citizenship application sent: Oct. 31, 2014 (1098 days)
Application received by DONNIE: Nov. 5, 2014

Does anyone else have his/her application package signed by DONNIE?

A note to guys there considering which courier service to use - Don't use Purolator - bad service. I purchased "next business day" service for my package to be delivered to Sydney at 9am on Nov. 3 but the system shows it's delivered at 12:44pm on Nov. 5. Also, they agreed to pick up the package during 8am-11am on Oct. 31 and didn't come till 12:15pm (and I had a flight to catch at 12:00pm).
You been to Cuba which will be on your application form. Not many people go to Cuba.
I've taken two vacations in Cuba. As they didn't stamp my passport, where can I get the records? Does Cuba have something like CBSA (Canada) and CBP (US) where I can request my entry/exit records? If no, how do I support the trips I took in Cuba?

You have a membership to Bruce Trail which is quite unique and can be identified.

Bruce Trail Conservancy...I will send a copy of my membership card...thanks

On Sept 15, 2014, you confirmed you plan to go back to your home country

Hi all -

I have been unemployed in the last two years and plan to go back to my home country as soon as I file my application this Oct. Shall I send in additional docs such as every page of my passport, rental agreement, health claim summary, Rogers bills, credit card statements to avoid being RQed? Or shall I just stick to the docs on the checklist?

Did anyone actually send in his/her CBSA records though the application form says not to?

Thanks!
My advise is not to publically state your intentions especially unwelcomed ones. You are using Canada as citizenship of convenience and it's people like you who cause more difficulties for us in applying.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
I seriously think CIC won't make any decision based on some forum posts. If this guy who started this thread could get trouble in his citizenship application, then the other guys that keep saying good things about Canada could get their citizenship oath in less than 6 months, no?
He's asking a question, doesn't mean he wants to do it. It's like if somebody says "if I rob a bank, can I get away and enjoy the robbery money?" That doesn't mean he is really going to rob a bank. It's called innocent until proven guilty. The way to proof is not from forum postings.

Nov 6, 2014
BLT said:
. It's like if somebody says "if I rob a bank, can I get away and enjoy the robbery money?" That doesn't mean he is really going to rob a bank. It's called innocent until proven guilty. The way to proof is not from forum postings.
Sorry to break your illusion, but you could be arrested for making that statement about the bank.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Canada_wich_Punjabi said:
I believe CIC doesnt need any proof. The forum logs IP address, so its not hard for CIC to identify EXACTLY who you are.
I have been living for 8 years in Canada, never heard anybody got arrested, charged, or blocked because of internet posting some questions or expressions, except terrorism stuff.
And there are places like internet cafe, or free wifi like airport, starbucks, etc., how to make sure that you have the right IP address? And to visit people's real address from the IP address, you would need court approval, it's not like visiting Macdonald store, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. ;D
Growing up in a country ruled by a dictator for over 30 years, even the dictator didn't arrest or try to find people for talking or posting in the forum. He would park a land rover in front of your house to pick you up only if you were capable to gather people and started to change their view. If talking was all you had, he would just LOL at you. Last time I checked, Canada is still based on freedom of speech, and innocent until proven guilty.

Nov 6, 2014
BLT said:
Im not joking. Post 911, laws have seriously changed, basically the very fundamentals of the equation have changed. I have lived in Pre-911 era so I know.

Lawyers can bend and twist the law just to prove that the night was day and day was night.

There was a story of a teen boy who wrote of doing some violent nasty stuff in a chatroom and he was arrested immediately.

If u dont believe me, try typing that statement in and see what happens.