+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

immigration to canada based on Skilled worker

Ramya Das

Feb 10, 2011
Hello ,

I am Ramya , Based out of India.
I am planning to immigrate as PR , and will be writing my IELTS exam in April . Before that i would like to know how much processing time will this take for a person who applies from India.
I am an IT Professional and i have heard that I can get Canadian PR within 12-14 months, but few of my friends mentioned that when PR visa being filed from India takes minimum 60-70months but they said that there were some new amendments in feb'08 which has sped up the process and all the files are being centrally processed out of Nova Scotia (whatever that's supposed to mean)

As i already mentioned that i am an IT Professional, i am looking for moving in under skilled worker category. i did check for the skilled workers list in the below mentioned link
cic.ga.ca & workingcanada.ca.ga

but i dint see any IT Professional Category. Will that be an issue when it comes to processing my application and does it mean that i am not eligible to apply for immigration.
please advise me on the same. can i still go ahead and check for immigration ?

Regards
Ramya
ramyardas12@gmail.com

laklak

Nov 26, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
0111/1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
26 Mar 2010
AOR Received.
15 Apr 2010
IELTS Request
sent with docs on 08th April 2010
File Transfer...
30 Mar 2010
Med's Request
29th Mar 2011
Med's Done....
08th Apr 2011
Passport Req..
29th Mar 2011
IT Professionals are not in the NOC 29 list.You have to wait for the new list in JUNE 27 or any day after that...or apply for an AEO (JOB IN CANADA)....

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
Ramya,

There are lots of misconceptions in what you described below. To make it short, read this guide. IT is not anymore in the NOC list.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

Good luck
Ramya Das said:
Hello ,

I am Ramya , Based out of India.
I am planning to immigrate as PR , and will be writing my IELTS exam in April . Before that i would like to know how much processing time will this take for a person who applies from India.
I am an IT Professional and i have heard that I can get Canadian PR within 12-14 months, but few of my friends mentioned that when PR visa being filed from India takes minimum 60-70months but they said that there were some new amendments in feb'08 which has sped up the process and all the files are being centrally processed out of Nova Scotia (whatever that's supposed to mean)

As i already mentioned that i am an IT Professional, i am looking for moving in under skilled worker category. i did check for the skilled workers list in the below mentioned link
cic.ga.ca & workingcanada.ca.ga

but i dint see any IT Professional Category. Will that be an issue when it comes to processing my application and does it mean that i am not eligible to apply for immigration.
please advise me on the same. can i still go ahead and check for immigration ?

Regards
Ramya
ramyardas12 @ gmail.com

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............
they remove IT from PR list ,

Ramya Das

Feb 10, 2011
thanks all ,

They removed IT from the list .. does that mean that i am no more eligible for applying for immigration or can i go ahead and write my IELTS and apply for immigration.. will there it take more that 3 or 4 years for processing ??
So then next list will be published in June or July?

Mezo2009

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
Oct 2011
You can not apply. You wait for the new list on next June, or get an employment offer.

Processing will take anything between 16-24 months

nano24482

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/02/2010
Doc's Request.
20/04/2010
AOR Received.
27/08/2010
File Transfer...
27/04/2010
Ramya Das said:
thanks all ,

They removed IT from the list .. does that mean that i am no more eligible for applying for immigration or can i go ahead and write my IELTS and apply for immigration.. will there it take more that 3 or 4 years for processing ??
So then next list will be published in June or July?
It means you cannot apply for FSW 1 category as your occupation is not listed in the 29 categories.
There are ought to be some changes in FSW immigration this summer. You can check cic website from time to time.

Another option for you is to find a job in Canada and have your employer sponsor you for Arranged employment option(its very difficult though)

You can check into provincial immigration option to
1. Quebec: but you need to learn French
2. Alberta: As you are out of India(if in US on H1B visa)

In the meanwhile you can take preparatory courses for language and waith for a new list.

Ramya Das

Feb 10, 2011
:( ,

Ok .. so unless my job category is been listed i cannot apply for immigration. Searching job after getting there wont work. so there is no point in me trying to apply in April or May. i have to wait till the next change in the list is made and check wethr the job category is listed.

just immigration also wont work even if i am not exactly looking for a job or planning to get there first and study after a year or two..

i will have to wait and check the job categories or else find a job first which i assume is very difficult.

Regards
Ramya

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ramya Das said:
Ok .. so unless my job category is been listed i cannot apply for immigration. Searching job after getting there wont work. so there is no point in me trying to apply in April or May. i have to wait till the next change in the list is made and check wethr the job category is listed.
just immigration also wont work even if i am not exactly looking for a job or planning to get there first and study after a year or two..
i will have to wait and check the job categories or else find a job first which i assume is very difficult.
Ramya, you got it right, that under current rules you are not eligible to apply for PR w/o a Job offer from Candian employer which is bey very difficult

Keep checking cic.gc.ca for any rule changes but it is very unlikely that IT category will get included some time soon

dbag

Star Member
May 6, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2010
Doc's Request.
19-05-2010
File Transfer...
27-05-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2013
LANDED..........
TBD
@Ramya
My advise to u is not to be sad ;D. Immigration itself is time-consuming and complex process and u can always try for other countries like Aus, NZ, Denmark, Singapore, HK etc. (I don't know where u are currently based). Also IT market is good in Canada (depending on ur skills) and u can still try to get an AEO (Arranged Employment Offer), though difficult, if u are really keen on Canada, particularly if u have friends/relatives/contacts in Canada. Some ppl. on this website and outside have also done the same.

Rgds,
DBag