+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

immigration to alberta

dipu617

Oct 23, 2007
Hello everyone,
I'd like to know if there is anyone in this forum who has already immigrated to the province of Alberta??!! If yes, would you please share your experience??!!
cheers

Eduardo Picazo

Feb 19, 2005
Reynosa, Mexico
Hi there

I came to Calgary Alberta 2 and a half months ago, it is a little bite expensive but very nice place to live, a lot of job opportunities everywere, I got my health card same day upon aplication, I received the Resident cards almost one moth ago. all the immmigrants are very welcome.

Regards
Eduardo

dipu617

Oct 23, 2007
Hi Eduardo,
Thanks for the reply. It's nice to know that you have a good start there! So far i've heard the stories of the people who went to toronto or vancouver. Could you please elaborate a bit more about the situation in calgary! In my application form, i mentioned 'Toronto' as my destination. Is there any problem if i go to Calgary directly?? I heard its pretty difficult to get a house in Calgary or in Edmonton!! Whats your personal experience?? I plan to stay in a youth hostel for the first week!! Can i find a suitable room or studio for living in calgary quickly?? And what kind of jobs are available there?? I'm not expecting to get a standard official job at the beginning!! So, are there available odd jobs to survive???

Well, i'm asking too many questions!! Please give me a reply when you have time. Thanks a lot in advance!!

cheers
dipu