+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration process for seafarer

Divya93

May 16, 2022
Dear Team,
My husband is working in Merchant navy, he has done his pre sea training in G rating after 12th and at present he is sailing as 3rd officer and hold 2nd mate license. He has done "officer of the watch" from South Shield University, UK. In totality he hold 6 years of experience and UK COC.
I will be the primary applicant and he is the dependent.
Please let me know that for my husband how should I proceed with the WES and is it required to get his WES done.
Also provide clarity that after getting PR will he be able to sail from Canada or he has to pass some Canadian equivalent exams for sailing as officer.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dear Team,
My husband is working in Merchant navy, he has done his pre sea training in G rating after 12th and at present he is sailing as 3rd officer and hold 2nd mate license. He has done "officer of the watch" from South Shield University, UK. In totality he hold 6 years of experience and UK COC.
Please let me know that for my husband how should I proceed with the WES and is it required to get his WES done.
Also provide clarity that after getting PR will he be able to sail from Canada or he has to pass some Canadian equivalent exams for sailing as officer.
How are you planning on applying for PR? If you are planning on applying through the FSW / EE program, his points may not be high enough to be selected. Have you calculated how many points you have?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear Team,
If you are the primary applicant, you can add his profile and if you need the eligibility and CRS points, and want him to accompany you to Canada, then he will need to have WES and IELTS completed. As for work, he needs to research the licensing requirements.

Divya93

May 16, 2022
H
How are you planning on applying for PR? If you are planning on applying through the FSW / EE program, his points may not be high enough to be selected. Have you calculated how many points you have?
I will be the primary applicant, I have done B.tech and MBA and have 4 years of work experience. My spouse who is working in merchant navy will be my dependent. I just wanted some clarity on his WES, whether it is required to get his WES done and if yes then what's the procedure of WES for seafarers. Also whether he'll be able to join merchant navy related companies and continue his sailing or he need to give some exam there to get canadian COC.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
H

I will be the primary applicant, I have done B.tech and MBA and have 4 years of work experience. My spouse who is working in merchant navy will be my dependent. I just wanted some clarity on his WES, whether it is required to get his WES done and if yes then what's the procedure of WES for seafarers. Also whether he'll be able to join merchant navy related companies and continue his sailing or he need to give some exam there to get canadian COC.
What are your points with him accompanying with and without IELTS/WES? You want over 480. He can't be in the Canadian Navy (assume you mean military since you say merchant navy) unless a citizen.

Divya93

May 16, 2022
If you are the primary applicant, you can add his profile and if you need the eligibility and CRS points, and want him to accompany you to Canada, then he will need to have WES and IELTS completed. As for work, he needs to research the licensing requirements.
Thanks for the reply. Please let me know how to get his WES done, he has done pre-sea training after 12th then done sailing and then completed "Officer of the watch" from UK, South Shiled University. Currently sailing as 3rd officer and holds 2nd mate license. So for which all documents we need to get the WES done. And from where I'll get the licensing requirements information.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the reply. Please let me know how to get his WES done, he has done pre-sea training after 12th then done sailing and then completed "Officer of the watch" from UK, South Shiled University. Currently sailing as 3rd officer and holds 2nd mate license. So for which all documents we need to get the WES done. And from where I'll get the licensing requirements information.
Go to the WES website for instructions. As for licensing, don't know but it would be through Transport Canada.